Thread: Could it be UTI?

Could it be UTI?

Gonna take gracie into the vet. She has not had any accidents in a LONG time..and the other night she wet on the couch which we thought was very unusual, last night took her out at 11 when we got home from rodeo/concert (and she had been out all evening) then at 2 am she wet the bed, was shaking, so I put her in her crate the rest of the night and just got up and her crate was full of pee..which she has NEVER wet in it..so I think she has a UTI...which is not unusual after being spayed..opening her up for infection..so gotta call when they open. Poor thing..she acts perfectly fine now..except for just peed a bunch...

Sounds very much like a UTI. Poor Gracie. One of my fosters had a UTI after her spay.

Hope she feels better soon!

Oh I hope she's fine.
    It could be a UTI, but it seems very odd that she would go in all them places where she sleeps.
    Is she urinating in her sleep or does she wakle up & urinate? If it is the later it is probably a UTI, if it is the first she may have a weak bladder or some other problem.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Sending good thoughts for Gracie.

----<---<--<{(@

No UTI..just got back from the vet..Kidneys are fine...Vet has determined she has been eating a plant outdoors that is acting as a diuretic..but does have a tiny bit of vaginitis too..so is on anitbiotics for that..and I am to bring in another specimen tomorrow..also will take her on a leash for a few days to make sure she is not eating the plant..what it is is like clover that grows and it is the type that clings to her when she goes out..and I have been picking it off her this week every time we go out since its been growing..I didnt think she had been eating it altho I have to also pull the clover seeds off her feet and around her mouth, so evidently the seeds may be the actual culprit..we are not sure yet..IF she continues then she wants to test further for kindney stones, but didnt feel any...and she said she is awfully young for that..but still not ruling it out yet..hope it is the clover seeds..we can do something about that now..I am going to go mow right now..

Good to hear that Gracie is on the mend then.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole