Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strangest tricks and commands

Strangest tricks and commands

What are the strangest tricks or commands your dog knows? Autumn goes to the bathroom on command, and if she doesn't have to go, she squats down and fakes it. Pepper doesn't do anything anymore but she never really did much anyway, she used to dance in circles on her hind feet and that was her only real trick.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

when my hubby and i are getting ready to go somewhere(shopping,dinner,etc.)...we tell maximus "we'll be back in a little bit"...in other words, he's not going....HE POUTS!!!...it's so sad...he puts his head down and walks slowly to the bed....we're almost in tears before we get out the door...

3. Well, last night, one of her one time tricks was get your collar. I threw it away and she got it back. Lexi learns tricks in 5 minutes!

Here are some that she learned in that amount of time:

Turn
    Around
    High Five
    Paw
    Other Paw
    Easy
    Hold It
    Keep It
    Roll over
    Bang, bang

Theres more, I'll post them later

My chihuahua does an imitation of a frog. When I say "stretch those froggie legs" she lies flat on the carpet with her back legs stretched out and she drags herself around on the carpet in a circle. It looks really funny and her back legs stretched out like that remind me of frogs legs.

Animals Online - Free iron-on graphics

If Niño looks like he is going to pee on something he isn't alowd, I saw "No Pee" and he leaves it alone.

Niño & Eliza

When Wylie is trying to chew something he shouldn't we tell him "get your kong" and he stops chewing and looks for the kong until he finds it.

Peej knows several of his toys by name...which I guess isn't strange.

Probably the strangest thing my dogs know how to do is to "say please". This is the quiet (growl instead of bark) version of speak.

Blaze doesn't really have any strange tricks...I'll havta think about that one.

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Jasper does lots of strange things So I can't really pick one or two!

Originally posted by Kevin Farmer
    when my hubby and i are getting ready to go somewhere(shopping,dinner,etc.)...we tell maximus "we'll be back in a little bit"...in other words, he's not going....HE POUTS!!!...it's so sad...he puts his head down and walks slowly to the bed....we're almost in tears before we get out the door...
    Piddle is the same way! Except we say "We'll be right back".

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Gonzo spins around in circles really fast I also taught him to "limp".. its funny..

My friends Boxer has been taught to sniff out Marijuana ... dont ask how he taught him...

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Blog Entries
    My dog Baxter will run into his kennel in the garage when I say bedtime. It can be anytime of day too.

FOXY GOES AND HAS A DRINK OF WATER ON COMMAND. I JUST STARTED SAYING HAVE A DRINK EVERY TIME WE WERE AT DOG TRAINING BECAUSE HE DESEN;T LIKE DRINKING WATER WHEN ANOTHER DOG HAS HAD SOME.
    I DIDN'T EVEN MEAN TO TEACH HIM THIS BUT IT'S STRANGE WHAT DOGS LEARN

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

Pingo, one of my main lead dogs, has her very own command. She's a trail dog at heart. She takes commands, but she really loves to decide which way the team will go on her own. Somedays when I don't care about where we are going, when we come to a fork in the trail, I tell her "Pingo Pick a Trail". She gets to decide which way we go. It's kinda fun. Usually she picks a trail she is familiar with, but we've been to some new places because of Pingo.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I foster a lot of puppies and our Husky Mix Deogee has appointed himself as "the babysitter" of all the babies. If I say "Deogee, where's the babies" he'll go look for them and whine when he finds them, if I say "Go get the babies" he'll go find them and bring them back to me. It's really nice and makes my job easier .
    President and Co-Founder of Dirty Paws All Breed Rescue

www.dirtypaws.petfinder.com

WOW! These tricks everyone's dog's know are great!! How fun to hear about them and how they picked them up!
    Duncan doesn't really do any fancy tricks...He does lots of little things...I guess the best one would be "wait" When he is off leash and gets too far away for my comfort while we are walking, I say "wait" and he turns around and stands still until I get to about 5 feet away and then he'll continue on! It works on leash too but then he is only 6 feet away to begin with
    Oh I just thought of another one...I taught him to sit at all street crossings. So now, he won't cross a street until he sits. Even a side road with no traffic. Of course, he is always on leash in those areas anyway but....if he sees concrete, he sits until I say, "OK" and then off we go!

Keep 'em coming, I love hearing them!