Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crate reccomendations?

Crate reccomendations?

I'm searching for a crate for my pup to be.
    I'll only be using it for housebreaking & for shows.

I want something very sturdy yet lightweight.
    Powder coated.
    One that has a divider panel in it.

Anyone reccomend any good brands that can last a pups lifetime?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

i have one of these for Wolfie. it was pretty cheap and it's not too heavy. you can find out more about it here.

life stages crate
    i bought it a petsmart.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I have observed that those kinds are better at dog shows, but Niño has a crate that was orrininally Clarks bought new in 1999, then Layla scratched it up but couldn't destroy it, now Niño is useing it. I think it is bargain hound breand, it doesn't have a name brand on the front.

Niño & Eliza

Just bumping cause I would think there has to be more than 2 people who have a good crate that they would reccomend! LOL
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I use these crates at home:
    http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=2610

But I find at shows, I really like soft crates. Although some shows do not allow them...

fraid im not much help lol we just use whatever works, our 2 largest crates we got second hand, the wire one someone was selling in the paper, and the green one someone was selling that we found out through the club, the green one was used for dog at feild trials, I think was was a dalmation, why a dalmation was a feild trials is beyond me lol the wire one belongs to a doberman before. our small, white one my dad got perky for christmas one year, Ripley crate is a pet taxi, and our last rate is a blitze, its bad for stacking but you can get it with wheels and a handle which makes it easy to take into buildings and such, you dont even have to remove the dog! lol you can also walk your dog and place all your supplys inside the kennel so you only make one trip lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cali
    dalmation\
    Just to let you know, it's spelled DalmatiAn
    Because they were perfected as a breed in the Dalmatia region of Croatia.
    When the first movie came out (which spells is correct) it was even printed in dog breed books as dalmation!! I used to email everyone who spelled it wrong, but now I don't. I know a lot of dal inthusiasts have been working to where most people know the correct spelling.

Niño & Eliza

8. I dont really have any reccomendations.
    but i have a cheapy crate that came out of Walmart,, and its still hanging in t here after 4 years now.

ive seen some really fancy ones though,, that have wheels on the bottom and a clip thingy on the top.. so you can clip a leash on it or something and pull it a long like a suitcase instead of carring it around.

dalmation\
    When the first movie came out (which spells is correct) it was even printed in dog breed books as dalmation!! I used to email everyone who spelled it wrong, but now I don't. I know a lot of dal inthusiasts have been working to where most people know the correct spelling.
    lol I know how its spelled, it was a typo that I did not catch as I only look for obvious ones.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suki Wingy
    Originally posted by cali
    dalmation\
    And just to let you know, it's Enthusiasts.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Yes, but Dalmatian is the name of a breed, kind of like if I spelled your name bucknir, so it is a bigger mistake. This is not crates, so lets stop. You can pm me is you want to talk more on the subject.

Niño & Eliza

Midwest crates are awesome! The life stages crate is really nice. I love soft crates, but with a big Husky I don't know if that would be too secure for shows...

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Keeping on the topic

I have used PetMate crates in the past, they are fine for dogs that are not going to jump around etc. A dog at Flyball (Kelpie/ Koolie mix) can easily brake out of his crate and i think that is a PetMate crate. Elvis has a no name brand of crate that is great, although a bit heavy for carrying to and from the Flyball area, i got Elvies for $10 second hand .

Goodluck in your search.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens
    I use these crates at home:
    http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=2610

But I find at shows, I really like soft crates. Although some shows do not allow them...
    Seems like a lot of folks use the Midwest crates. Are they heavy? What size do you have for your goldens?

I have used PetMate crates in the past, they are fine for dogs that are not going to jump around etc.
    really? petmate must be differnt over here then because they are the absolute best and most common brand of crate for a flyball dog, around here its the other kinds of crates that dogs break lol I think all of our plasic crates are differet types of petmate crates, and they are all exellent, Blairs petmate crate is 5 years old and looks brand new. the old type of pet taxis however are terriable, and very flimsy.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to: