Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found a Stray Kitten

Found a Stray Kitten

Today while I was at work, I was busy restocking shelves and my friend Jenn (she works with me) shouted, "OH MY GOD WHAT THE *&$%" She had seem a woman across the street pick up a black cat, smack it in the behind, throw it on the ground and then stomp on it.

I went rushing across the street and called him to me. He's probably 5mos, is not neutered, black, white with siamese, and about the sweetest kitty I've ever seen in my life. I called Nathan to come pick him up and he's now staying in my bathroom, in my shower, because I want to keep him isolated from Tilly and Nutmeg.

I didn't see an actual flea, but there are reddish brown flecks of dirt coming off him so I will be getting some Advantage, just in case. When I go visit him I am very careful to not let him touch my clothes and I wear a smock. He's SO sweet though.. he just wants love.

I'm not going to post any "found cat" posters but I will give it about a week to see if anyone comes around asking about a lost cat. If not, looks like I might have a new kitty in the house Right now, Tilly is extremely upset, but that is to be expected. Nutmeg is curious but not being a snit, like Tilly is. I don't know where I will find the money to have his blood tested, etc but I will manage somehow. There is no way I will let him go back to that woman, if she was in fact his owner.

So, I will keep you updated. Please keep this little black kitty in your prayers, that he is healthy, has a happy home (either with his old owners, with me, or whomever adopts him) and that I won't have a huge flea infestation in my house!

Bless you for rescuing him! Poor little thing! Definately keep us updated! And need pics!

~Aki
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Here are a few pictures..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another..

One more..

He is now playing with a mousie that was left in the bathroom.. I'm happy he's playing I got him some kitten food as well.. it's Iams, which isn't the best, but it's better than Tilly and Nutmeg's Adult Light food. He really likes it, so I know he's eating.

He is sleeping in the litter box right now, even though I have a box in there as a bed. Anyone know why he might do this?

STOMPED HIM??

I'LL BET SHE'S A LOSER
    HOW COULD YOU STOMP A CAT?? SICKO FREAK LADY...
    LUCKY FOR HIM, YOU SAVED THE DAY!! DOWN HERE PETSMART HAS WELL PET DAY EVERY OTHER WEEKEND $35 FOR SHOTS & BLOOD TEST. DO Y'ALL HAVE THOSE THERE?
    HE'S VERY LUCKY TO BE SPENDING SOME QUALITY TIME IN YALLS HOUSE!! THANKS & A BIG ((((HUG)))) FROM KITTYS EVERYWHERE
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

Too bad no one got her license plate, so she could be charged with animal cruelty. Mean, mean woman!

Black kitty is very cute, I hope he is okay!

Awww he's adorable!! I can't believe that woman would do that to him. I hope he finds a good home (and I hope it's yours! )

She was walking, so I'm not sure where she came from or where she went. Jenn could identify her again, though, so after I see where this all leads, we will take it from there. For the time being, I don't want to be associated with the rescue, because I want to know first how bad his owners want him back - so for now, laying low!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    What a cutie he is, good for you for rescuing him Naomi.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Aww, he is such a cutie! Thanks for taking him in. He looks very sweet.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I helped too!

Where is the love for me! I helped too!

Nathan
    A/V Department to ..... ?

Naomi, He's so adorable. I'm so glad that you were able to rescue him. Thanks goes out to Nathan also. I hope he's healthy and that he can become your kitty.

Re: I helped too!

Originally posted by Lirathal
    Where is the love for me! I helped too!

Nathan

Thank you!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Thanks both Naomi and Nathan, for saving that poor kitten! He looks so sweet, I just don't understand how anybody can be so cruel to hurt him.... . I hope you get this sorted out soon. May I say that I hope that he can stay with you
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 03-07-2005 at 09:04 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge