Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your dog sleep on your bed at night?

Nebo is allowed to sleep on my bed at night...he usually jumps up there when I first go to bed but usually he jumps off sometime during the night. Occasionally he will sleep there the whole night, but only if it's cold in the house or he's too tired to jump off.

I wish. Riley (and RB Brooke too) weren't even allowed upstairs. I snuck Brooke upstairs once in a while when she got older and when Riley was a few months old I let her lay on my bed when daddy wasn't home , but she's really too energetic and she'd get into everything upstairs. She doesn't have the patience to stay still since she's a lab pup so if she were to sleep in my bed I'd have to strap her down so I know she wouldn't go looking for trouble up here. Haha
    Riley's Dogster page

Thanks Ashely!

sassy is my little baby, and she has to be right next to me at night. if i move she will slide over

Being able to let Aspen up in bed with me is one of the best things about getting divorced. My husband would never have allowed it.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Oh yea, 90 Lb Maximus does, wife sleeps on couch lots of nights because she cant get in.

Originally posted by Kevin Farmer
    Oh yea, 90 Lb Maximus does, wife sleeps on couch lots of nights because she cant get in.
    lol if i fall asleep on the couch sassy follows suit and naps also.

Smokey loves to sleep on the bed, but Maggie doesn't. She
    sleeps anywhere she wants to, but usually on the couch in the
    living room. She will however always get up on the bed in the
    morning if she thinks I'm sleeping too long.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Chloe sleeps with me on "her side" of the bed. It is too cold for the shorter-furred pups to be in my bedroom (no heat/air/insulation), so Sahara sleeps with my mom (110 lbs) and snuggles right up next to her and puts her head on her stomach/chest. Venus will stay on the bed with my mom is Sahara hasn't taken up the whole other side...otherwise, she is on the couch.

Sometimes, I'll bring Sahara into my room and cover her up with some blankets and she'll assume the position with me, while poor Chloe has to hang off her side b/c of Sahara...that is a total of 125 pounds of pup on my bed
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

hahahahahaha!!! This is hilarious! So from now on when I have my total of about 40 pounds of dog on our bed I'm going to think about all of you with all your big dogs snuggled up against you! Thanks for writing, everyone!

Kodie(90lbs) sleeps with me!He LOVES to cuddle with me.he's glued to me most of the night,especially when its cold in my room lol.Lucy sleeps downstairs with my parents on her own bed

Nooooooo! We let Bailey sleep on the bed when we first got her, but she insists on sleeping sideways and even on a king sized bed that doesn't leave room for two people.

Peej has never slept with us. he prefers his own bed.

Now that my husband is working out of town, when I go to sleep, both are in bed with me. Buddy (90 lbs)resting his head on my husbands pillow, and Sierra (60 lbs) curled up at my feet.

But when my hubby comes home, Buddy will not sleep in the bed anymore. He takes up Waaaaaay to much room!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Of course where else are they suppose to sleep
    Notes from the head Beagles! ;-)

Daisy's allowed to sleep and be whereever she wants. She's a dog... dogs do what they want. Especially stubborn dogs. She rarely ever falls asleep in my bed, but most weekends I wake up with her on my pillows and me shoved to the bottom of the bed. Most weekdays she sleeps downstairs on her pillowbed (a dog bed and a bunch of pillows/blankets) next to the couch where my dad sleeps. If my dad sleeps in the bed upstairs, so does she. Hehe, again... she sleeps whereever she pleases and will get her way.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Before I moved in with my boyfriend, Duncan slept in bed with me every night. I had a full size bed and once I turned the bedroom light off, Duncan would hop up on the bed and curl up next to me with his head on the pillows. We spooned for most of the night or at least until I fell asleep. He always had to be on the side closest to the nightstand though so I couldn't reach the alarm clock or lamp but he slept facing the door so no one could "get" me.
    Now that I live with Collin, we have a queen size bed but we don't all fit very well. I'm usually stuck in the middle of my 6' 2" boyfriend and my 100 lb dog! I have to sleep on my side so I take up the least amount of space and the two "boys" are spread out and comfortable! Collin really doesn't like the dog in the bed and more than once we have argued about it and Collin has slept on the couch.
    Luckily though, Collin works nights so 5 nights a week, I go to bed and it's just Duncan and myself and we spoon like the old days until "Daddy" gets home. When Collin gets home, Duncan first tries to bite him for coming in the room while I'm sleeping, then once he realizes who it is, he usually gets on the floor for the rest of the night.