Thread: bumps and hair loss

bumps and hair loss

Sassy is my 9 mon. goldie.she has bumps on her body all the time.once 1 stayed there for a mon. is this normal?should i take her 2 the vet 4 it?also between her eyes there is a little bit of hair loss.i dont know what 2 do.is washing her once a mon. 2 much?

Sounds like an allergy to me mate. Take her to the vet for medication, then most likely you will be given some medicated shampoo that will have to be done every couple of days for a short while. also take note of everything she eats, your vet will want to know this. you will probably find it will clear up quickly, the hardest thing is finding out the cause, which could well be food related. Again your vet will be able to advise you the best.

Hope she gets better soon, and post a pic of your girl, I'm sure we would all like to see.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

vet trip

thanks 4 the advice.we are going 2 the vet in march 4 her regular check^ so i will ask about it then.

I agree, it sounds just like allergies. What brand of food do you have her on? What kind of shampoo are you washing her with?
    I've been BOO'd!

food and shampoo

she is on purina puppy chow healthy morsels (thats what the breeder gave her when she was a little teeny weeny pup).for shampoo i give her hartz groomers best for puppies.

Thanks 4 the amazing blinkie and siggy,Joanofark!
    Thank u flamepony12 4 the cool avatar!

Sassy is my 1 year old golden retriever.

Shopping is an attitude... and I have an attitude problem.

I would switch her food. There are some very common allergens in there, not to mention it is at best a feed grade food. Try getting a food without wheat, corn, beef, or soy (these are all very common allergens). Wellness Duck & Potato is great for allergies.

Btw -- she shouldn't be on a puppy food. Puppy formulas are very bad for a large dog's bones and joints. An adult formula is really the best way to go, in my opinion.
    I've been BOO'd!