Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so MAD at my VET I am just shaking!!!!!!

I would be mad and upset also. Sounds like the woman is a vet for the money and NOT the love of animals. Sorry you had to deal with that today.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

i can't add to the vet and car comments but Gee Aspen did look almost dead. May be you should make sure the next time those people come in the vet really checks them over.

GEESH!
    I agree with the others.
    Get a new Vet and use this only if you
    have to.

What a nasty woman, she must have gotten
    up on the wrong side of the bed.

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by KYS
    GEESH!
    I agree with the others.
    Get a new Vet and use this only if you
    have to.

What a nasty woman, she must have gotten
    up on the wrong side of the bed.
    Totally agree with everyone, though I tend to think she got up on the wrong side of life.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

You all can't imagine how much your supportive comments mean to me right now. I was wondering if I was crazy for being so mad at her - but you have validated my feelings.

tats - as a nurse, myself, I understand your sentiments exactly. A person like that doesn't deserve compassion.

Aspen is laying on the sofa next to me right now. She's so grateful for every little thing we give her - and right now it seems like she's soaking up every little bit of attention, sleep, food, and exercise she can get. I wonder how long it will take to get her healthy.

She weighed 55 lbs today. That surprised me - I thought she was a lot lighter. She needs to gain at least 10 lbs. The vet did answer one question I asked. I asked if I should switch her to a puppy formula until she gains the weight and she said that would be a bad idea since she's a large breed dog and rapid growth is bad for their bones and joints.

She went to work with my friend for a couple of hours today. He said he couldn't imagine a more well-behaved dog. I'm making her two dog beds - one for his work (he can stow it away under his desk when it's not in use) and one for here. She tends to spend most of her indoor time on my bed or my son's, though, and we're happy to have her there.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

What a jerk. I would definitely get another vet.
    Riley's Dogster page

Thanks Ashely!

Here's what she spends most of her time doing. The rest of the time, she's running around and wrestling, or eating. None of her time is spent "chewing on stuff" or "getting into the garbage", by the way.

I am with everyone else - I would definatly report her and not be going back to her!!
    The vet I use isn't popular with some people- it depends on who you talk to and what town you are from.
    But I have never had any problem with him and the 2 younger vets he has in there I LOVE... so I continue to go to them. Until I have an issue to not go there something like happened to you etc, I have no problem with them.
    Good Luck to you and sweet Aspen.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Last night when I was trying to go to sleep, I remembered another thing she said.

Two days after I got Aspen, I got some really bad unexpected financial news and I'm temporarily dirt poor.

So when I made Aspen's appointment, I said all I could do was get her rabies shot and license and the rest would have to wait until I could afford it.

The vet said that the reason I wasn't getting the heartworm test, giardia vaccine, lyme vaccine and the whole nine yards was because she might not work out and I didn't want to invest a lot of money in her.

How dare she make that assumption?

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    Why have you wasted 8 years with that sorry excuse for a vet?? I would drive 30 minutes before I'd keep her as a vet.

Thats what we do we've just switched vets after a similar "experience". We now drive 25-30 minutes but its worth it for Jillian and Frankie to be complimented, respected, and given the correct treatment.

Aspen has the most loveable face ever.. she looks like she is smiling for heavens sake,,, shes happy with you and youre a great mom!!!dump that vet like a bad boyfriend ...... You and Aspen deserve better care!!!!!!

Originally posted by stacwase

So when I made Aspen's appointment, I said all I could do was get her rabies shot and license and the rest would have to wait until I could afford it.

The vet said that the reason I wasn't getting the heartworm test, giardia vaccine, lyme vaccine and the whole nine yards was because she might not work out and I didn't want to invest a lot of money in her.

How dare she make that assumption?
    Not only that, but like you'd care to get rabies, if you thought you weren't going to keep her!! And, of course, none her darn business!!!

I know an hour is a long way to go for a vet, but it really sounds worth it!

Our situation was totally different, but we recently switched vets, from one around the corner, to one about 5 miles away. Not becuase the old vet was rude, or inappropriate, like yours was, but just becuase they had too many vets in the same office, you never saw the same vet, and becuase they were not getting anywhere with Cincy's allergies.

Anyway, I was nervous about doing it, becuase they were very easy to get into with so many vets, they are open later in the evening then the new vet, and because they are right around the corner. But I finally decided, it was more important to me to have consistancy and someone who took the time to fully investigate the dogs problems and fix them, rather then random vets sticking band aids over the issues.

Regardless of the reason it is hard to break the habit of going to the same vet, doctor whatever, becuase that is what you have always done. It is often easier then finding new. But I think you and Aspen (and Max and Toby) will all be much happier.

Good luck and congrats again on your new addition!!

a good, caring vet is worth the drive. dump this twit, except for emergencies. please give your dogs tummy rubs for me.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Sorry I am so late posting to this thread but it made me so mad I had to respond. First of all, Bless you for being such a good person. You are willing to give Aspen the life she deserves when nobody else would and I think that is wonderful!! Aspen looks like a sweetheart who has only wanted someone to love her. In her life of misery, it seems she has only given back a small part of what she has gotten. Why do ignorant people always want to blame innocent animals for their own negligence and stupidity? In my lifetime, I will never understand that concept. Now that she is being treated with love and respect, she is giving the same thing back. As for this #$@%! vet!! Why did she become a vet? She is CLEARLY in the wrong profession. She really needs to check with a local prison to see if they will be hiring soon. A job as a prison matron would suit her. I'm sorry for you that you hit the witches car but I would have rammed it again and kept right on going. I hope everything works out for you and Aspen. Bless you both. Most of all, I hope you can find a new vet but if you can't, remember, she's working for you. Let her have it and maybe she'll clean up her act. I think our vet is one of the most important people in our lives. Take care, Terry(D & D's Mom)

Originally posted by stacwase
    Glacier, it's the saddest thing - isn't it? It's like starving a 2-year-old child. They're so trusting and sweet. Why would you want to do something like that?
    Kayleigh's first owner had other things he was more interested in--like buying beer. When we got her she weighed 72 pounds. She weighs 120 now and is at a perfect weight for her. She was sick and bones when we got her. Kayleigh is the reason I don't get involved in the "what to feed" threads. I'd rather see a dog eating the stuff that costs 10 bucks for 40 pounds than being starved.

We've had her for four years next month and she still keeps a bone under the straw in her doghouse at all times. She's still worried that there might not be food tomorrow. Kayleigh was older than Aspen when she finally got out of that first home. Hopefully, Aspen will have an easier time forgetting due to her young age. If she does start to show food issues, I'd be glad to offer some suggestions.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving