Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is so hard.

This is so hard.

As some of you know Sooty has cancer on her face and we have decided not to operate due to the type of cancer and the liklieness that it will spread. We have been spoiling her as usual and making the most of the time we have left with her. I am finding it really difficult watching her going through this. Her face is swelling up and she has a little sore where she has been scratching at it, I have put some antiseptic powder on it so that it does not get infected. She is still eating and drinking and purring (sometimes). The last two nights she has not come to bed as usual with us. Normally she is there at bed time waiting to get under the covers. She was hiding in the office last night, so I carried her to bed, where she stayed for about an hour or so, but then she went again. I love this little girl and it's breaking my heart seeing her go through this. We have been through lots together, relationship break ups, many house moves and I cannot imagine her not being there. I cannot stop thinking about it and getting upset all the time. I know there is nothing anyone can do, but I just wanted to share this, as I am really struggling at the moment.

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm so sorry for Sooty, and the heartbreak you're going through right now. Give her some gentle kisses for me please.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Bless your heart. I know it is sad for you. It sounds like you are doing a great job with her, though, and I'm sure she knows that she is loved.

Logan

Poor Sooty. What a difficult thing for you to have to watch. You can only be there for her and do your best to make sure she is comfortable. Please give her a little cuddle from me.

I feel for you. When my RB Sasha got sick, it was only a matter of days before I decided to have her put to sleep, couldn't bear the thought of her suffering and in pain,,,,,,,That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. We had had her for almost 15 years, so I know your pain. All you can do is love her and make sure she's not suffering. Thoughts and prayers to you and Sooty.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you at this difficult time

(((Nicki)) and scritchies to precious Sooty

I am not sure who wrote this, but is is lovely:

One Final Goodnight

One final goodnight - then released from the pain -
    The anguish of spirit - the dreams dreamed in vain.
    Though brief was your time here, you captured my heart
    That vowed not to love you, but now breaks apart.
    From you I've learned patience and courage and trust;
    That loving brings pain, but love we all must.
    From you I've learned strength of the spirit, and then
    from you I've learned not to say "never again".

Go back to the Giver of all lovely things -
    Go quickly, my sweet, and let your heart take wings.
    Just know I've learned so many lessons from you,
    and shall never forget them - this promise is true.
    Your total devotion made my life so bright.
    I shall always adore you - Goodnight, Love, Goodnight.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Anyone,who is aTrue Pet Guardian,knows,what you are going through,and we are praying,forPoor Sooty.I havelost Cats,aswell,and know,the feeling of frustration,and helplessness,as a beloved Pet,is ill,andthat thereis nothing,taht you can do,about it.Would a AWA Mouse help,at all.Please PM.me,and I will send one out ,ASAP.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

(((((Nicki))))))
    I am sad and sorry to hear this. I have been there too and it is so hard to watch. I wish there was more I could say. more (((HUGS)))

Nicki, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know what you are going through, I swear that those types of decisions are the hardest one to make in life. You and only you can completely know what is right and when it's right. Know that those of us here on PT are here for you. (((hugs)))

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Walker sends his saluations,and give him a firm full body pet and a peck on his head from me.

Boy do I know where you are coming from (((HUGS))) My prayers are with her and you. When my little one passed after 19 years of freindship. I rebeled and now have 9 cats in honer of her!!!!

I'm sorry to hear Sooty is doing poorly. Keep her comfortable and love her the only way a mewomie can. I'll keep you in my prayes.

I am sorry that dear Sooty is sick with cancer. It is hard when you know that they are hurting. If you do what is in your heart you will simply KNOW when the time has come, but until that day, be thankful for all you have together.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Keeping you and Sooty in our thoughts and prayers..........
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Very sorry to read this, and I know the pain you are in right now. Hold gently to your kitty, and love her these last moments together. Holding the two of you in my prayers.