Thread: shaky schnauzer

shaky schnauzer

Hello friends! How is everyone doing? Well I hope. I had a question for my neighbor. They have a 12/13 year old mini schnauzer named Fritzy. So darn cute! Well sometimes his left hind leg shakes. They just started to notice this last week. It doesn't last long, nor is it all the time but it is more frequent. She ofcourse will call the vet but I was wondering if anyone has had a dog with the same problem. Should they be worried? Is it a dangerous problem? I thought maybe he had a pinched nerve in his back. If anyone knows or has an idea plaese let me know. Take care!

~Tara

maybe its a sign of arthritis? I'm not too sure but my dog has trouble with her back legs and shes 9 thats due to arthritis its best to get a proper opinion though so its good shes calling the vet, i hope everything ok with the pooch!!

I have an older schnauzer too (he's almost 12) and his hind leg does that all the time....it has for years. It doesn't seem to be a medical problem for Reggie, he's never acted like his legs bother him at all...he still chases my husky Nebo around the yard every day!

Sounds like it might just be an age related issue. I don't know much about Schnauzers, but I would suggest that they check with the vet, just to be sure that everything is ok.

Thank you everyone! I will pass this along to Shirley and Clair. Fritzy doesn't seem to be bothered by it but we all worry about our babies! Thanks so much! Take care.

~Tara

We have two mini schnauzers and our 2 year old does the same thing. Every so often his front leg starts shaking for no apparent reason. He doesn't seem to have any pain, doesn't bother him, and I don't even think he knows it's shaking. Lasts for just a little bit and then stops. This is really interesting and also good to know that other dogs do this too. But we always wonder what it is. Thanks for sharing, everyone!