Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grateful

Grateful

Hi everyone,

Thank you Thelmalu, Aly, Delidog, Logan, and Daisy's Mom for the caring words. Sandra, I am so happy your husband is safe.

There was a bomb scare in my building yesterday, so I had to leave the city and go back to Fort Lee.....my office was closed today as well--this is the first time I have been online in a day...I have been numb.

Thelmalu, you are in the thick of things down in the city and please keep the faith..I know it's tough--everytime I see the pictures of those victims on TV---I lose it too.

It just makes me feel very grateful that we have such caring people that are helping out in this horrible situation....and that every single day is precious.

Jordan

Jordan, thank you for your kind words. My husband's office used to be in Fort Lee, at One Bridge Plaza. Another tall building....Yes, he is ok.

Sadly, for me and my family, hopes seems to be waning for finding another memeber of our family. Buff, my sister-in-law's brother whose office was on the 106th floor of the North Tower has not yet been found. The remainder of the family is presently in NYC searching the hospitals, armory, etc for any info.

Today, the family, my brother and sister-in-law, as well as Buff's wife Susan and his precious daughter Chloe, were guests on the Today Show, giving a description of Buff, requesting any info. anyone might have as to his whereabouts.

We all grew up together. Junji (my husband) and I, Kenny, my husband's brother and Lil, his wife, and Lil's brother Buff. Everyone married "the girl next door." We all kind of just "looked left" and worked our way down the street. Those were such happy days.

I am so unbelievably devestated. I, and everyone else, felt for sure that he probably was just having difficulties calling/getting home. Now our hopes are dimming as, well into day 4, we realize that his chances for survival beneath those many tons of bent steel and ash after so long a time, are slim.

Seeing Chole on TV being interviewed this morning was so incredibly hard ..."Tell us about your dad" she asked. "I miss him so much" stoic tears streaming down her gorgeous face. "He loves to work in the garden." That was all she could manage. Chloe tried so hard to be brave. I was so proud of her.

Now, I watch tearfully, my heart breaking, as dozens of families jockey before the TV cameras, craning their necks, thrusting forth their arms, hoping for just a moment of air time. A moment to share with the world their tattered homemade posters, scribbled with hastily written, illegible phone numbers; pictures of their missing loved ones during happier times; a wedding photo, vacation shot, smiling and carefree. "Have you seen her??" "Does anyone know where she is??" "No" they say. "We have not given up hope" as tears stream down their faces. "She's just lost; or dazed somewhere. We'll find her." Hope. They cling to hope. And so do I. Please God, if not mine, let one of these family's prayers come true. Let there be a miracle.

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's brother Buff missing. It is so sad seeing the families that have been hit by this tragedy It really pulls at the heartstrings when you see them on TV. My heart really goes out to them, because I can only imagine my agony if I were in their place. **hugs** to you and your family. Things will never be the same for anyone here in the aftermath of the attack. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone that has lost a family member or friends in this crisis. I'm so glad your husband is ok

Sandra,

I am so sorry about Buff. My hopes are with you and your family.

My heart breaks as well at the desperation on those faces holding the pictures of their loved ones..

I will say a prayer for Buff in hopes that Go d has spared him.

We are all here for you and please keep sending messages, thoughts, feelings-- anything that you need to say, we are here.

Jordan

Your family is in my prayers. I will also add your family to my church's prayer list. I will also pass the word around at work Monday.

Sandra I am so, so sorry to read that your sister-in-law's brother is missing. What a horror your family is living right now. Your note was so beautifully written in the midst of your own personal anguish. It explains to us first hand the thoughts that must be going through multiplied thousands of people's minds as they, too, await word on their loved ones. We will all be praying for your family for God's peace at this horrific time. My son's best friend's brother worked at the Pentagon and was injured but is going to be fine. Some of the survivors, though being eternally grateful for getting out alive, will probably have future guilt as they wonder "why me?"

Thank you so much everyone. Today the sun is shining and the digging can continue. I will NOT give up hope. Miracles do happen. Sandra

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra, there is an ache in my heart for you and your family. Please know I will include all of you in my prayers.

Sandra your post made me cry. I am so sorry about Buff. I will pray that he is found. How old is Chloe? I hope her Daddy will once more work in his garden.

Thank you everyone. Chloe is 10 years old. She is so devoted to her father; a real "daddy's girl." She has always been a beautiful girl, on the inside and outside. Hope, however does seem to be fading, but a small flame still flickers.

I keep thinking, in the next day or week or month, I will be attending funeral and memorial services and I can't stop crying. My husband didn't tell me until today, but several of his business associates, company lawyers and employees are missing. Ms. Kuroda-san, a long time employee of my husband's luckily, had just gone down to the lower level convenience store as the first plane struck. She was rescued.

It is getting harder for me, not easier as the shock wears away and reality sets in. Last night I dreamed that Cape Cod finally opened up a doggie park, with a big pond. Star, Cody and all the doggie's were diving and swimming. I saw Star do a big dive in the water but she never came up. Then, a big explosion as they bombed the doggie park. I woke up crying and grabbed in the dark to find the girls. I hope today that they can remove some more of the debris and find people alive, trapped in the lower ground floors where the subways and shopping malls are. I pray this not just for my own, but for all of the incredibly devestated families wandering teh streets of NY, still clinging to hope.

Some posititve thoughts though spirit us on. Over 300 canines called into action. If there is any hope left, it will be these angels that will find them. I was glad to see that a mobile canine hospital has been set up at the sight. There are more donations of dog food, boots, etc. than the city knows what to do with. Animal rescue is in full force. Pets left home, their guardians missing or dead, have been "rescued" by friends and neighbors. Others are beind fostered until they may be reunitied with their families. Sandra

I hope you all are OK and that your families are all well, no one is missing (touch wood!). I don't really know what to say about anything... my sister couldn't even understand what was happening. She looked at the airplane flying into the building and asked me if it was real... Anyway, I'm praying for you all...
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

Sandra, so sorry about your sister-in-laws brother, we can never lose hope.
    Jackie

Sandra, I'm terribly sorry for what you and your whole family is going through. I will keep you all in my thoughts. Please take care
    Love Gio

Sandra, I finally found your posts. I am so sorry there is no good news. I can only begin to imagine the pain in your family, as it is almost too much to bear just knowing of the pain of so many, many people. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Sandra,
    I don't know what to say except that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts and that I do sincerely hope that Buff will be found and reunited with his family.
    Love,
    Thelma

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!