Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chestnut - baby pics from 1998

Chestnut - baby pics from 1998

I found Chestnut in late July, 1998. He was a little one pound sick baby, with anemia from flea infestation, eye and ear infections, worms, and I don't recall what more. I brought him home, gave him some kitten canned food and a bath, and he snuggled up to sleep and dry off.

I had never had a cat that small before (or since!) I was fascinated and I kept taking pictures. The flash woke him up. He needed to stretch, . . .

settle some minor grooming issues . . .

and say, "HI MOM!"

more coming!
    Last edited by Freedom; 11-07-2006 at 08:24 AM.

The next morning I took him in to my vet, no appointment or phone call, I just showed up! My vet understood, he agreed the kitten needed to be seen and get on some meds right away. I took Chestnut to work with me for 3 days. I took litter and a pie pan to put that in, his carrier with him and a blanket and toy, and dishes for food and water. Also took the food, figured I could get the water there. AND a bag with all his meds, pills and ointments and what all. No one complained as they slowly found out I had an animal in the office! It was as if they understood the little one needed care.

Here he is on day 4, the meds have helped him SO much, just look at those clear eyes!

Since I already had 3 adult cats - Mr. Amber Cat, Sparkle and Vita - I fed him on the counter top for a while. (The benefit of living the bachelorette life! )

He grew quickly and loved to play with tails - anybody's tail! He was the only cat Amber ever took to. When I brought home Sparkle, and a year later Vita, each time it seemed as though Amber was ready to pack his bags and leave!

That box in the background stayed in my living room for 6 months. Baby Chestnut would dash down the hallway (off to the left rear) and jump onto that box and slide down it! It was a good thing Amber liked the baby, because Chestnut just loved his big brother, Amber. He did everything Amber did - good and bad - and went everywhere Amber went. Sometimes it was pretty clear that Amber was tired of him! Other times, he really took to the little guy.

Chestnut is on the left, Amber is on the right:

one more set coming!

Here they are on the balcony. When Chestnut was tiny, Amber pushed him off, twice, so I had to keep the baby inside a bedroom during the day while I was at work, or close the door to the balcony cat door. As he got bigger, he could handle himself with Amber.

This is Amber with the only jack o lantern I ever made - it is a cat sitting on a half moon. I lit the candle and ran down to take the photo. Amber took up his position while I was running down 3 flights of stairs!

We don't have the same type of window sills in this house as I had in that apartment. So I haven't been able to put the hammock up for the 4 years we have lived here. But Chestnut sure did love that hammock!

What a nice picture story! Thanks for sharing it. Chestnut was an adorable baby kitten, and has turned into a handsome big boy! I love big brother Amber too! What a sweet pair!!!

I have to agree 100% with Kim. That was a GREAT picture story of Chestnuts coming "home". He was just so adoreable as a iddy biddy baby that I had to resist kissing my computer monitor.. Such a handsome big baby now!

Kittens are a blast to have in the house aren't they?! May he never loose his kitteness and always be full of antics and fun!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

What a lovely story. Chestnut is a lucky boy.

Chestnut sure was an adorable kitten and has become a very handsome cat. Thanks for sharing his story with us.

A lovely photo story Sandra, Chestnut was so cute as a baby!! Though all babies are, that's why we all fall head over heels in love with them

Oh thanks for sharing these pictures. Chesnut was an adorable baby

What a sweet story, and what an adorable set of pictures.. especially the "Hi Mom!" grin.

Bless you for taking this little thing in and nurturing him to become the gorgeous adult he is now.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How adorable. Chester grew up to be a handsome man. I love his kitten picture - the one with the "hi Mom" caption. How cute and funny is that?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

12. What a character Chestnut! From an adorable widdle baby tucked in his bed to a silly big boy airing his tummy on the hammock.

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane with Chestnut and friends!

Chestnut, you are a darling little boy who grew into a handsome guy!

What a wonderful story and what a lucky kitty Chestnut is!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Thats A Great Kitten Photo, And It Just Shows What Love And Tlc Will Do For An Abandoned Kitten.
    Thats Great That Chestnut Has Settled In So Well.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OH GOSH!!!! This picture is just "CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!"

Thank you so much for sharing your story of Chestnut.
    He has grown into one handsome boy.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010