Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky & Chance - Sad/Good News

Lucky & Chance - Sad/Good News

Ok, just typing the subject of this thread has me in tears so this won't be a long update.

My boys will be going for a "trial run" at someone's home on Friday. They are nice people so far. Trust me, I've tried HARD to find something wrong with them but I couldn't.

I'm close to hysterics every time I think about this. They've been with me for so long. I wish that I could have kept them or that a PTer could have taken them. They are some of the most special cats I have ever met. I am truly crushed right now. I know in my heart that that is what is right though. I can't provide for this many cats on a permanent basis and I always knew that I couldn't keep them, they were only fosters. The more fosters of mine that get adopted, the more homeless, sick, or dying animals I can help. At times like this though, I just don't know how much more I can do. These horrible thoughts keep going through my head. What if the people let them outside (even though they told me they want indoor only cats)? What if they take them to a shelter (even though I told them several times I will take them back ANYTIME if it doesn't work out)? What if they eat cats or something? My god I'm going crazy.

I can literally feel my heart breaking into a thousand pieces. Please pray for my boys. They probably don't need prayers though. They'll be in a home together and they are very adjustable and happy cats. They even like going to to vet. Also, the people live about a mile away from me, so I guess that is good.

Last edited by aly; 03-01-2005 at 03:19 PM.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I am sorry about Lucky and Chance. I know that you loved (we certainly did), but now they can be spoiled rotten by their new guardians. Is there anyway you could go visit them just to make sure they are doing okay??

You really are doing the right thing for them Aly even though your heart is breaking right now. I have been in love with Lucky and Chance since you first posted pictures of them. If there was any way I could have taken them I would have. My first cat Smokey had the same coloring pattern they do and that always touches my heart.

You have loved and cared for these two so much. Without you they wouldn't be getting this opportunity now. And like you said..they are only a mile away.

I do understand however. There was a little 7 oz kitten that I found one cold icy day here at my work....I gave him only 3 days later to a woman that I KNEW would be able to take care of him properly and would give little Harley the home he deseverd and I STILL bawled for days. Some just really touch our hearts more than others.

*big cyber hugs*

Denyce

Thanks, guys. Ever since I posted this now, I just can't stop crying. I hate this, and playing the waiting game isn't helping. I'll be dropping them off on Friday and hope to spend some time at their house talking to the people more. I'm sure Lucky and Chance will have no problem at all adjusting. I think I'll be the only one having problems adjusting I just pray I'm doing the right thing.

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh Aly, I don't know what to say. Part of me wants to cry don't let them go. I have no right to say anthing and I want to give you my full support in your decision. This may be their big chance for the perfect forever home.

My heart is breaking knowing that my baked bean boy is leaving. Any hope that they might want to join PT for updates or at least send you pictures and updates? Wah!!!

Please give them big huge hugs and kisses for me. I'm so sorry, I wished they were coming here to me. I wished we lived closer to each other.

(((HUGS)))

From Decker with Love

Fostering must be very difficult Aly, what a great thing you have done for those kitties.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Good luck Lucky and Chance... this is the part of fostering I hate - the falling in love with them and having to let them go. I know, as I just left one go last Friday that I was totally in love with. It does help knowing they are going to a wonderful new home where they will be loved and adored forever.

I know,that you will miss Lucky,and Chance,but like The Mother Bird,sometimes,you have to let them go solo,so you can help,the next generation,of Cats,who need your love,and TLC.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I know exactly what you are going through. I cried all the first day Wally and Marty were gone although I know they will be fine... You just fall in love, it is just that simple and heartbreaking..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Letting go is one of the hardest parts of fostering, but providing you did a background check via their vet etc. please take it easy on yourself. I consider myself a stepping stone for the ones I rescue, and sometimes get very attached to many of them, but as you and I know, it makes more room for other kitties in need, and there's a never ending supply of them. The only ones I hang onto are special needs kitties, though I'm at my limit and then some. It would be wonderful if Lucky & Chance's new people join PT so everyone can have updates. ((((HUGS)))) It's a tough letting go.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Aly you don't need to pray that you are doing the right thing, because you always do. What you are doing isn't right, it's amazing! You have helped so many wonderful pets find amazing furever homes. For every one that is placed you save another. I can't even imagine doing everything that you do. You are truly wonderful and I'm proud and honored to call you my friend. I also know that you have great judgement and if you think this home is good then I'm sure they are nothing less than perfect.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Yes, please give them pet talk's web address. We would all love to keep in touch with these babies.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Letting go is SO hard....I know. And the longer they stay with you, the more like family they feel. And feeling sad is only human, we would not blame you for that. You simply have to TRUST that the boys will be fine and so will you.

I can only imagine how your heart must be breaking right now, as you have had Lucky & Chance for quite some time now. But you are doing the right thing.
    It's good that you will be able to see them in their new home.
    When I adopted Katie from a foster home, the woman let me know clearly that she would be calling me for updates and that she would unexpectedly drop in to see how she was doing and asked me if I had a problem with that. I clearly let her know that I didn't. She did call me about 3-4 times and popped in twice and saw for herself how well Katie was doing in her new home. Maybe you can mention this to the woman and see how she reacts to it.

Wishing you all the best Lucky and Chance, in your new forever home.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Will they keep in touch thru email? I did that with Guinness' foster mom, and I know she loved getting pics...Hopefully, they can keep in touch, so you can keep up on them....and I am sure you did already...but let them know, if for any reason, whatsoever, they needed to rehome them, that you would take them back as a first option...i am sure they will be happy...being together...