Thread: My cats with Mardi Gras beads

My cats with Mardi Gras beads

Since we lived Louisiana for several years, we are accustomed to Mardi Gras being celebrated every year. Granted, since we moved to St. Louis, we haven't really kicked it up like we did when we were living in Louisiana and going to New Orleans, but we thought our cats would like to help celebrate - we gave them beads to play with and of course had to take their pictures with them on. Bailey got to play with beads when he was still a kitten, but the others really haven't. It's been fun for them! Ignore the crazy look on my face holding Leo - Brent snapped that one before I was ready to look up!

Leo:

Bailey:

Leila:

Later on, Leila decided to really celebrate!

Claudia:

Claudia thought that 2 sets of beads are better than one, so we decided to indulge her.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Oh my, your cats look very "distinguished"(sp?) with their beads!! Did they have a colour preference?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

No - it was just whatever we could get on them - i tried to coordinate it with their fur a little bit, though.

-- Albert Schweitzer --

They look very beautiful and festive.

Your cats are so pretty in their beads. Did they have to show their Bellies to get the best beads? LOL

Very festive! Where did you live in Louisiana? I am a Louisiana native, transplanted to Georgia.

They look so purrrty in their Mardi Gras beads.

I had to HIDE all my Mardi Gras beads in a closet! my kitties love them and mine would have them drug all over the house, scattered everywhere.. See where I live huh?

I don't go to the parades myself anymore but my Grandkids keep me supplied in them so I can take them to the boat when I work on Mardi Gras and we can celebrate it there... The guys love it! I make Jambalaya and King Cakes and decorate, take Mardi Gras Music and we have a grand ole time!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Claudia is gorgeous! She's definitely part Siamese, isn't she?

LOL, don't they look like the party hounds, or rather kitties.

Cute pictures.

From Decker with Love

I hear,from my Catsm,athat you Cats,are Great Prty Ers,but,theu also,are among,the first,to help,clean,, up.And they look stunning,in those beads,The Found Cats,are jealous.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I lived in Baton Rouge, LA for 7 years - 4 of those were when I attended and graduated from LSU. I'm a Southern Illinois native, and now I live in St. Louis, 2 hours from where I grew up.

My cats are very responsible...always willing to help with clean-up after partying.

Claudia is a snowshoe mix, which means that she's part siamese, part bi-color domestic shorthair. I am not sure if she's full-bred snowshoe, b/c we got her from a rescue group, but her markings are almost exactly what a lot of snowshoes look like. I've been told she looks like she's part ragdoll too. What's surprising is that she had such short hair when we got her in June, but her hair is the longest of all of our kitties now and she sheds the most too.

We hide most of our beads away - we amassed several boxes of them over the years (some really good ones too). We just had these few small strands from a banquet we went to in January with a Mardi Gras theme. We didn't make them "show their bellies" for beads - all they had to do was be sweet!

-- Albert Schweitzer --