We have mixed experiences at the vet. It's only 10 minutes from our house, but the ride is annoying to the male kitties (they're complete babies in the car, whereas the girls are just fine with sitting/sleeping in their carriers). Bailey used to be ok at the vet when he was a kitten, but last year when he went for his annual visit, he was a holy terror. He let out sounds like I've never heard before. This place specializes in cats, and they said he was not nearly the worst they've dealt with, but he made us very worried - you would think they were killing him! He ran all over the room - they called him "one big muscle". Needless to say, there wasn't much of an exam, just the shots - he was healthy anyway.

Leila was good at the vet right after we adopted her, but last year, at her annual visit, she was just evil - she let out worse sounds than Bailey and turned into the wild animal we know she is. I was very worried for her too, but like Bailey, once they gave her the shots and put her back in her carrier (they couldn't do an exam, but she was healthy too), she was fine.

Bailey & Leila will be going to the vet this year at the same time, and they'll be put under the short-term anesthesia/sedative (whatever it is they use) b/c they're getting microchipped and we want them to be fully checked out in addition to their shots. They said that with good vet kitties, they can do the microchip without putting them under, but not with these two.

Leo is a vet's dream - he's so sweet to everyone! He's had a few issues since we adopted him, including a trip to the emergency room the Sat b4 Thanksgiving 2004 for constipation (he stayed overnight for enemas, etc.), and every time we've gone, he's whined in the car, but once we're at the vet, he's a happy camper - he's so good! Every vet loves him!

Claudia was just a sweetie when we took her one time. No problems there. I wonder what it is about the two Louisiana cats (adopted them while still living in Baton Rouge) that makes them hate the vet? The two Missouri cats are ok with it. Weird.

Just wondering - what are your experiences taking your multiple cats to the vet? I don't know if it's been posted before, but it's an interesting topic.