Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Invitation!

That looks fantastic, I wish we had something like that here.

Porto Alegre, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

Oh, yes...

I think there are carnival parties in the USA and Europe like Brazilian style promoted by Brazilians and friends who live in this countries. Otherwhise, they would have to go withouth our biggest parties... Maybe they don't have the samba school show parade, but for sure they have the parties on the streets with the battery - how we call the set of musicians who play the instruments and the drums.

Brazilians don't live without Carnival!

Lou
    Meow Meow Meow: Well, well, Summer is coming... what a hot, deep blue skies, and a lot of "mangas, melancias", those beautiful season fruits....!!!!!

More photos

Here are some more photos of the Carnival of Brazil shows along the most famous cities for carnival in the country.

One shows how big the allegoric cars - how we call the cars that bring to the avenue plot of the samba plot, the story of the plot of a samba. In general it tells a story and the samba schools presents about 6-8 allegoric cars in their presentation.

Other show the street carnival of Recife a northen northeast beach city that is very famous for its the street carnival. The most famous party is the Midnight Galo - the male chicken, who brought to the avenue 1,6 million people behind it!

I couldn't get no photo of the eletric trio - how we call the big cars who carry a small band on top of vey high traillers with a singer too, singing to the crowd who follows it along the streets of Salvador, Bahia, also a south northeast beach city, the most famous place for eletric trio street carnival. But I got a singer, dressed as Carmen Miranda, a famous Brazilians actress of the past, that is a famous singer here, Daniela Mercury, who is the best singer of eletric trios makes every dance and sing behind the eletric trios on the streets of Salvador.

Enjoy the photos!

While there is Carnival Street Parties along Brazil yet!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CARNAVAL - SÃO PAULO MOCIDADE ALEGRE.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	26763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CARNAVAL - RECIFE BIGGEST BLOCK.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	26764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CARNAVAL - OLINDA GIANT DOLLS.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	26765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CARNAVAL - SALVADOR DANIELA MERCURY.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	26766  
    Meow Meow Meow: Well, well, Summer is coming... what a hot, deep blue skies, and a lot of "mangas, melancias", those beautiful season fruits....!!!!!

The samba schools on the Carnival Show Parade presents each about 5.000 people, along the parade. Those are people who safe money all year around to buy they fantasy for the parade and also help the samba school during the week-end events to promote samba and bring funds to the school for the carnival parade.

Each samba schol receive a fund also from the government to do the show and from private promotors.

The wining samba school of the Carnival Show Parade competion receives a big prize in money each year from the promoters of the event.

This year the winner of the Rio carnival was Vila Isabel.

The winner of São Paulo was Imperatriz.

The winner of Porto Alegre was Restinga.

All big poor neighboors of these cities.

Also about the photo with the big dolls it is from Olinda, a beach town in northeat state of Maranhao, wich is very known for marvelous beach and its street carnival.

So, tv show tourist: 680.000 tourists come to Rio de Janeiro for Carnival. The majority is still in Rio, enjoying the beach, which might include having cocktails by the beach under sun umbrellas and big chairs!!!!

All of them, Americans, Germans, Canadians, Italians... promised to come back next Carnival!!!!

Because next year there would be another Carnival in Brazil!

Happy congratulations!!!!

The Found Cat Hotel is cover of Pet Talk today (the 1st of April 2006) with the beautiful Tuxedo Joseph, or JJ3, for the friends.

Happy Congratulations!

He is very cute!!

Lou
    Last edited by louhirata; 04-02-2006 at 08:34 AM.

And we venture to the "pampas"!

Holidays on, I happily sit to visit Cat of the Day! Just remember to tell PT's friends how we went to the "pampas" last Summer!

It was February, it was all Carnival, but I had promised to Rhay and Kim (in memory) that we would visit the "pampas", this landscape/climate typical of "gaucho" area that exists in Sourthern Brazil and also Argentina.

We went we friends in their nice and comfortable pick up with double cabinet! Ufa! Because it is a long way to the country side heading frontier.

After driving about 7 hours with 3 stops on small villages so Rhay could have some water and pee, sure he had to pee, feeling the movement of the pick up.

We got to the home of friends who have a "hazienda", the big ranch with cattle and a beautiful pampa landscape. Having got there, they waited for us with a big "churrasco", this meat on the stick cooked over chorcoal, that was the most delicious churrasco we ever taste. (Rhay was so pleased he had to eat many little bites and seemed not have enough...)

After a "siesta", we got another pick up to the center of the hazienda, more down at the pampa, where cowboys with leather clothes were dealing with cattle. Then, we went across the plain green landscape with just grass formation, good for the cattle, with some group of trees once in a while in a kind of oasis in the middle of the vast land your eyes would get lost into the horizon...

There a enormous bull whose name was so long with all his prizes, Rhay could not get it! He was so afraid, his back and fur was like a stick up into the direction of the sky. I believed it was a fear reaction when the bull made a big 'muuuuuuuuuuu....". And the cows where all around pleasantly eating grass... And the sky was light blue and some white cute clouds passed once in a while...

I let Rhay out of the box and run freely around, far away from the cattle and bull, and he run so happily after stading still for a hesitant moment...

By the sunsent, we were all very tired... Rhay wanted to sleep and so started to purr, so we come back on the pick up with him sleeping in my arms...

We left after a warm soup made with churrasco slices and legumes that it is say to give strengh during the long nights of the cowboys watching cattle. What a good soup!

The friends of the hazienda gave Rhay a small cowboys hat and to me a red "prenda's" handkirchief , prenda is how they call the woman of the pampa!

The meat of the Brazilian pampa is known as the "green meat" because the cattle only eat grass. This is because it tastes so good!

Rhay got home so tired, he didn't want to eat anything. He just sleeped so much and had an aggitated sleep. I think he remembers the big bull crying out "muuuuuuuu...."!

I believe I fulfilled my promised to Rhay and Kim (in memory) to take them to the pampa! It was a gorgeous day! We all had great fun!

On the gaucho

Ah! We call the pampa cowboys, "gauchos" and the ladies "prendas"! Lou

HELLO MY DEAR FRIENDS, KITTIES, KITTENS AND CATSIES!!!!! HELLO!!!! HELLO!!!HELLO! HELLO![/COLOR] HELLO! HELLO!HELLO!!! HELLO!!!

This is mammy with me, Rhay, after such a long, long, long time!!!!

We have been out of the comp cause Mammy was kraked! All kraked, all put down, you wouldn't imagine!!!!

After that she was finishing to write a book, which took a long time and a disease! Mammy also got many kilos!!!!!

We ate a lot, you wuldn't imagine!!!!!

Now we are back once in a while, cause Mammy has a wobt at her comp at home, cannot visit Cat of the Day... No kraking through Mammy, PT friends!!!!

It is summer here and I have many friends.... The skies are beautiful, beautiful, the MOVAIS WINDS blow all day, afternoon, evening and at night.

Such a beautiful winds!!!!!

There are many new stories we can tell you. Such a funny episodes of our daily life with Mammy, Kim, Neko, Tibesa and so many new friends.

Talk to you more frequently cause Mammy found a good Internet Center at the University!!!!!

Bye Bye, So Long, So Long!!!!!

Nino Pussy Rhay - your best friend of the tropics!!!!

Thank You So Much!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTH DAY GREETINGS!

I am know it is a late answer, but better now than never!

I am still alive, navegating not because I got sick of computers. But I finished the book.

Now I am navegating a little at a lan house, just to keep in touch, later I will think about putting the machine at work.

The cats are the only ones that are having a great time! Jota, Lulu and Suzie, fuzzied around because a construction bldg put great logs around the windows and they used to skeep to the streets and enjoy the night.

Tibesa died at age of 15,5 years old in a very calm way. She used to come to my chest and sleep there, very calmily.

Rhay is enormous and very funny. He likes to date!!! Now he does not like all his nick names. We have to see what to do!

The cats of the Redencao Park still have Nadyr taking their special dish every morning. Now there are many black cats there, no one understands why. Maybe some misterious thing.

The neigborhood has two cats that I help, and a baby cat. The other two went to the country side with a neighbor.

So, may cats. So long for now!!!!

Thank you very much for remembering me.