Thread: Amuck unvisited

Amuck unvisited

I enjoyed the first few posts, but, for my computer system, it's become the same as "just a test...." (have no idea what's on page three or four)
    I give up after fifteen minutes of attempted loading. Too many graphics. Anyone else have this problem? I have 56K modem.

Basically, yeah, I time out -- sometimes my computer bogs down, sometimes I get frustrated a bail although the computer is still grinding. Oh well, Pet Talk participants get by real well/just fine without my chimed in "me, too".
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

It is sort of "cute", but spend your precious on line minutes on something else, girls. No offense, but it won't be worth your wait. They're just trying out different animations.
    I have a cable modem and it is loading pretty quickly, but unless you want to "play", forget about it and post on something else!!! There's lots of good stuff here!

Gosh; we thunk it wuz jest our Rinky-Dink puter box . Glad to know we're not the only one's having a slow load on that topic.

It was REALLY cute when it first started.
    Hats Off to Zippy-Kat for a Great title and a really cute idea. It's too bad the fancy graphics take sooooo long to load.

I'd like to propose an idea:

IF Zippy will say it's OK, AND I can get the durn page to load up ~
    I'll go in and remove a lot of the slow-loading graphics. I'll try to leave enough to preserve the "flavor" of the original postings; but at the same time try to speed it up so more of you can see what she started.

What do you say, Zippy-Kat? Can we modify it to try and speed it up?

Let us know on this post, Please.

Thanks! <<"Phred's antique puter box
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

Go 'fur' it guys!

(But will ya leave the spinnin' kat? Itz my favorite? Plllleeeaaazzzzeeee?)

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Hey Phred~

I was going to go in and take out the doberman graphic (and a coupla others) but it won't let me edit my post?!

Ohhh...nebermind...prolly has to do with the locker-box on the post.

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Zippy-Kat ~ Stand by for a while - I'll have to do the edit. It's not just your graphics causing the problem. I'll do the edit after the internet slows down a bit.

Thanks! /s/ Phred

Aye, Aye Cap'n!

(I'm sorry!! I didn't really intend for any problems to occur!)

AHHH, but these are difficult times, and if even one person found a chuckle here and got away from our current worries, then it has been a very good thing.

With love to all "posters" and all of their pets.

Well, Gang ~ It's now 2:30 AM. The puter's been grinding away since 11 PM last night trying to load two windows with the original page 1 of "Amuck...Amuck"; with the hope of editing out some of the slow-to-load graphics.

Both windows have hung up *waiting* for "www.plauder-smilies.de", the German "smilie" site, to load somethig or other.

Cinder and Smokey wake up every 20 minutes and ask to be taken home for BigBed time. I've swilled down so much coffee I'll have to sleep inna baffroom !

We'll leave the puter on to see if it manages to grind out the page for editing later (much later) this morning. NO promises made! But we'll keep trying...

G'nite, All!

>>>ZZzzzzzzzzzz...

Phred what a dedicated temporary-monitor you are! We really appreciate all your work Get a good night's sleep tonight!

Yes, a VERY BIG HATS OFF to Phred!!!!

[IMG]LOL Imagine an animated graphic of our choice here--I'm too 'afeared' to post any more right now! LOL[/IMG]

(And thanks for leavin' the spinnin' kat, Phred!)

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Update at 4:00 PM Friday: Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!, the Original page 1, by Zippy-Kat; is as "fixed" as it can be. We've removed many really Neat graphics and signature photos in an attempt to make the topic load more reliably. It's still hit and miss; you may have to "Reload" or "Refresh" anywhere from 3 to a dozen times before the page will appear. If you try to load it and see "Document Done" and nothing but the Pet Talk Logo header appears; "something" failed to load and you'll have to refresh or reload, again . Every once in a GREAT while, everything comes together and the topic will load in less than a minute on a 56K modem - but don't count on that happening very often!

The problem: Way too many off-Pet Talk sites are storing bits and pieces of the whole page. Each off-PT site has to be called, answer, and download data to your computer. If one or more of those sites fails to answer or "goofs up" a data transfer; the Pet Talk page is incomplete and won't display.

Sorry to all the Amuck! posters who had a "favorite" graphic or photo removed in the editing - but I had to eliminate the slow or never loading items in order that some of the page could be seen. Hope you all understand.

And Thanks Again to Tonya / Zippy-Kat for a neat post idea - we all had *phunn* with it!

Now we gotta sweep up the Fur Bunnies, wash our Windows, and skrub the muddie pawprintz offa floors in the Pet Talk House before
    the Head Bunnie, our own Miz Karen, gets back and sees what we've been doing all week.

<< Junior Assistant Temporary Moderater at Wurk

Thanks to Phred and Spencer for doing an outstanding job under very trying circumstances. We are very appreciative of all your work and I'm sure Miss Karen will say "Job Well Done" but I'm taking over.
    Jackie