• black

3 8.57%
  • silver

5 14.29%
  • other...

0 0%

Thread: Favourite Labrador Retriever Colour

Favourite Labrador Retriever Colour

Whats yours??I love the yellows and silver ones These are the only colours that i know of that they come in.

Yellow-

Chocolate-

Black-

Silver-

Last edited by sammy101; 03-16-2005 at 02:53 PM.

I love them all, but I think Chocolate is my favorite.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Yellow!

Yellow is my top of course, followed by silver, then black, then chocolate.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

All of them!!!
    (but I voted for yellow)

And oh my goodness, the picture of the black labbie looks just like Emerson!

My favourite one is yellow

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

My gosh, all your pictures look like properly bred labs, not backyard overbred "labs", except for the silver which has many unlab-like qualities. Thats a hard thing to find. Silver is a backyard bred colour. I like the extreme ends of yellows, light yellows that are almost white and dark yellows that are almost orange.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I like chocolate feild labs, on those pictured I only like the silver, just because he is nice a lanky and and feild lab like lol(I just dont like bulky dogs)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Umm...I don't really have a preferance for Labs, but I heard the "Silver" Lab was just a product of BYBs? I heard it was a puppy mill gimmick. Not to mention, a possible LabxWeim. Anybody?

Originally posted by IRescue452
    My gosh, all your pictures look like properly bred labs, not backyard overbred "labs", except for the silver which has many unlab-like qualities. Thats a hard thing to find. Silver is a backyard bred colour. I like the extreme ends of yellows, light yellows that are almost white and dark yellows that are almost orange.
    The silver coloring is not a sole backyard breeder color, in fact it takes a good breeder to be able to produce such strong silver coloring. Silvers are a product of a chocolate labrador, through the process of breeding, the genes of the chocolates are "diluted" to create an extremely light chocolate which gives the appearane of silver. A breeder does not have to breed a Weimeraner with a Labrador to get this coloring. I have seen a silver Labrador in person, they look different in person than they do in the picture, you notice the chocolate in their fur more.

How is that silver Labrador in the picture 'improper'? The head structure is correct, the ear size is correct along with the setting on the head, the muzzle is the correct shape and leg, the body appears to be in good proportion and whole- but it is kind of hard to tell since the dog is laying down, the paws are fairly large which is what you want in a lab for strong swimming skills for retrieves. That lab looks very nice. It appears to be less stocky than the English types pictured for the yellow, black, and chocolate examples, but it does not make the dog look TOO skinny and lanky. There are worse looking Labs that this one, that is for sure!

There was a silver Lab up for adoption at L.E.A.R.N (Lab adoption service for N. IL and S.WI), gorgeous dog! I think she was adopted, because her profile is no longer on the website. I thought I'd never see a silver up for adoption at L.E.A.R.N- I was shocked when I saw her on there!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

like them all but my favourite is yellow

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

chocolate!

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

i like Chocolate Labs

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

My favorite is BLACK!! I had never heard of a silver lab before though...they're very pretty!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

OMG! I don't even like labs and that black lab is gorgeous! Not like those tall, lanky dogs that I can't stand! I think I like glossy, medium yellows the best.

Niņo & Eliza