Thread: News on Angel, the rescued kitty girl!

News on Angel, the rescued kitty girl!

Well, she is doing GREAT! Mason and Thor have accepted her, her and Mason play on a daily basis! Thor, being the way he is, hasn't completely warmed up to her quite yet, but he now sniffs her without growling. I've even caught them sleeping in the same chair! But, I am wondering if she IS pregnant. She's not getting any bigger. She does fart a lot, so I'm wondering if the cause for her big belly was or is gas. She's such a sweet girl, and there's no way I'm giving her up! She's got her forever home!

YYYAAAAYYYY!!!! Welcome to PT sweet Angel.

I'm glad that things are going well and Mason and Thor have accepted her.

I was just wondering about you today and how your hand is doing.

Also, I would love to see some pictures. Please.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Good news!

When you feel her tummy, is it hard or soft? Has she seen a vet to rule out worms, babies, or anything else? I know the other people with rescue experience could tell you what the different feelings mean.

The gas could be adjustment to the food she is on now. Changing their food can mess their tummies up.

Glad to hear all is going well with the rest of your furr family accepting her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm glad that she's fitting in well with her new brothers. I agree that she should see a vet so they can tell you if she's really pregnant or not. Maybe she's just a little overweight.

Dont worry,as I am sure,that eventually Angel,will win Thor over,with he charm,and all three,will be posing,for Photos,together,soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The day I found her she was taken to the vet immediatly. The vet said she thought the cat was pregnant, and I did too. After all, living in the wild and not being spayed, it was very possible. She is due to go back to the vet soon, at the end of this month, for shots if she's not pregnant. The vet didn't want to giver her anything in case she was. The food is probably one of the culprits, but her gas had to have sarted before I got her to make her belly so big. As for how it feels, it's not soft, like a tubby kitty belly, but it's not rock hard either. I would say it's more hard than soft. She acts like a little kiten, very playful. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not! I'll let you know after her vet visit!

BTW: my hand is just fine, although I did have to take Mason to the vet Monday for the required rabies clearance. I even called the shelter and asked since he is MY cat, and it was ME he bit did I HAVE to take him. Apparently it's required by state law, with the penalty for not doing it a $25-$250 fine. We went to the vet! Which cost $30 for the vet to stick a thermometer in Mason's rear and tell me he did not have rabies... I could've done that myself! Oh well.....

A round belly and excessive gas is often a sign of roundworm infestation. Did you take a fecal sample in? And congratulations on your new addition!

Denyce