Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take me back to the 70's

Originally posted by micki76
    Yep and ALL the pics from Teen Beat and Tiger Beat all over my walls. I think I also had the hots for Scott Baio.
    Teen Beat and Tiger Beat!! Wow...memories.

What a fun thread Thought of some others last night...

Gracie's Mom, I loved my CPO jacket! And Pea coat!
    And those awful leisure suits...ICK! Thank goodness my Dad never wore one!

Anyone wear Frye boots? And Bass loafers!
    Coulottes were big then too.
    I wasn't a big Charlie! fan but got my first kiss dripping in Shalimar! Others perfumes Tabu (for the racey girls) and Ambush and Canoe and Jade East for guys. My first boyfriend wore Jade East and chewed Juicy Fruit gum...I still think of him when ever I smell Juicy fruit

We wore the original "low riders..." hip huggers, and "flares," bell bottoms, with those awful wide belts! Only difference our hiney cracks weren't showing
    Halter necks and tube tops and "poor boys" and velour pullovers.

Anyone mention disco??? You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing "Do the Hustle" every 5 minutes; or Donna Summer or Carly Simon's..."You're So Vain." Still wondering who HE was Punk... the Sex Pistols, Ramons, were really more early 80's. LOVED David Cassidy and Peter Tork!

And slip and slides, those plastic sheets you ran the hose down then took a dive on! Wonder how we didn't kill ourselves on those things. But then again we walked to school, rode bikes without helmets. And on Saturdays we were gone all day without checking in; just had to be home by the time the street lights came on.

Disco balls
    Mood rings
    Pet rocks...

Oh, those were the days!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 02-24-2005 at 10:09 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

POW bracelets..I was 12 I think when I got one so that was 72

Had to watch American Bandstand every Saturday...and occasionally Soul Train...but Midnight Special on Friday night was THE thing to watch..

I miss those days~~life sure was simple altho at the time we thought it wasn't..I'm sure..

I remember laying on the kitchen floor, feet on the wall...talking to friends on the only phone we had in the house...with a super extra long cord. That was always what I got grounded from too!

I took a media/journalism summer school course during the summer of 72 and we got to go to the CBS studios on a tour.

At that time the Jackson 5 television show was being taped and we got to see them do a song or two.

I got to see Micheal before his vitiligo!!!

Did someone mention Disco,? I loved Disco and guess what I still do today, I have often thought of starting a club for everyone who was crazy about as I was, saturday night fever, bring it on.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Saturday Night Fever dancefloor for sale

The multi-coloured dancefloor where a white-suited John Travolta strutted his stuff in Saturday Night Fever is to be auctioned.

The cult item of memorabilia from the 1977 movie has been saved from a doomed Brooklyn nightclub.

Organisers of the auction are expecting bids of more than 80,000 dollars (£42,000) for the piece of Hollywood history.

The 24-feet by 16-feet dancefloor, which came to symbolise the 70s disco craze, has more than 300 coloured flashing lights under a Perspex surface.

The club where the dance floor had been a fixture since the movie was made closed last week after being sold to a real estate investment company.

Bar owner Jay Rizzo who saved the floor told the New York Post: "It has literally been the heartbeat of this club."

Saturday Night Fever earned Travolta an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of teenage Brooklyn paint-store clerk Tony Manero, who every Saturday night would take to the dancefloor.

The dance floor will be auctioned on April 1 with bids expected in a live sale and on eBay.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Totally GREEN with envey, gee would I love that dance floor, preferably with the young John Travolta, ok even the old one will do nicely thanks., such a sweet guy is John, .......
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I was actually into wearing "death to disco" t-shirts

Used to wear a purple waistcoat & purple headband, (had hair way past my shoulders), Levi jeans, (flares just wern't cool enough) and waxed lyrical about how rock was much better than the eunuchs Gibb.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

OMG!! This brought back some really great memories for me!!

I remember my senior prom, we matched our oufits, I wore a pale blue long dress, and his tux was powder blue.

I also had the Farrah do, a P coat, fringed leather jacket with matching (long) fringed purse, POW braclet, my favorite pants at the time were burgandy low riders in cordoroy, Platform & earth shoes, my very own 1969 Camaro and yes I even got a small tattoo on the back of my right shoulder - which I successfully kept a secret from my family for a year!

I also got married in '78 (but it didn't last long). I'm sure I will be thinking about this all day now, and smiling Those were the good old days when I didn't have any bills or health problems. Can we turn back time??
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Originally posted by Oggyflute
    I was actually into wearing "death to disco" t-shirts

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Histo...Demolition.htm

DUDE!!

Check THIS out!!!!

This is a good laugh......A double header is two baseball games played back-to-back. They don't happen as much anymore....
    But this is one that Chicago will never forget......

Originally posted by RICHARD
    http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Histo...Demolition.htm

DUDE!!

Check THIS out!!!!

This is a good laugh......A double header is two baseball games played back-to-back. They don't happen as much anymore....
    But this is one that Chicago will never forget......

wow! the disco sucks thing had been heard of down under, though I never realised to the extent of what actually happened. People in Aus most likely copied the idea on to the death to disco thing. At the time there was a huge rise in the popularity of pub rock bands, which was causing a bit of a backlash on the disco sales and airplay. Of course this also led to the rise of a few confrontations with other patrons and police etc. My local place to watch bands was notorious for it. Every Saturday night a fight would errupt in some bar, the three combatants being bikie gangs, police and locals. It was a bit of fun I suppose when I was in my teens, but how I never got my head caved in sometimes I would never know.
    I'm quite glad I live a rather sedate life now with my partner and puppies.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Remember making purses from old blue jeans? And macrame purses, too..
    and incense .. we painted rocks wild colors to sit the little incense on to burn...we were so cool..lol

I drove a red 68 Malibu..my first car...and I was 16...what a car! The boys loved to "flip the breather" on it so it would be loud and my dad would get sooooo mad..lol

Ooh....remember the "Pet Rock"???!!!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

And Chia Pets?

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I went to high school in the early '70s and thought at the time that I was totally uncool--but I had waist-length hair, wore bell-bottoms, miniskirts, and hot pants, drove a '68 Mustang, and loved Firesign Theatre. Looking back, I guess I was pretty cool after all!