Thread: I got attacked by a wild animal today

I got attacked by a wild animal today

LOL! OK, so I wasn't mauled or anything but I was scratching our petting zoos BushBaby today on the head (as he is going to be the dad of my soon to be baby Bushbaby) and he was a little grumpy and bit my thumb LOL. He didn't draw blood but having a wild animals teeth on me was a little nervewracking. It didn't bother me much though and I went back to petting him LOL. He is sooooooooooooo cute and unbelievably soft! He was a little cranky because he was just woken up from his nap. He is being bred to another Bushbaby and I will be taking one of the babies. I didn't have my camera on me today but my friend wrote me this from the store:

"Hi Cassie,

I saw you today and jumped on your website to see if it was still up -
    yep!
    I hope this is a current e-mail for you.

You may come visit the bush baby anytime as long as we are not busy, we
    will
    show him to you - we are into breeding the exotics - as abbie is trying
    to
    expand our usda usage.

I will keep you informed."

Weeeee. So basically I can go play with him whenever I want. Be prepared for tons of cute soft furry animal pictures LOL. If anyone doesn't know what a Bushbaby is, here are a few links.

http://www.krugerpark.co.za/africa_bushbaby.html

http://www.conservationcentre.org/scase8.html

After we were done playing with him he climbed back into his pouch and covered himself up with his blanket LOL. He is way too cute! I can't wait to get pictures of him so I can show you all. He is so much cuter in person.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Cass,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think owning one in the US is illegal. Check into the laws before you commit. Their habitat AND diet are pretty restrictive.

Very cute though.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Cass,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think owning one in the US is illegal. Check into the laws before you commit. Their habitat AND diet are pretty restrictive.

Very cute though.

Nope, a lot of people in the US have them as pets. Come on now, you know I know this! I check my state Fish and Wildlife list every month LOL. Ya, that's how pathetic I am. Ahhh, just wait til the expo. I may come back with some new critters!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/.../integrity.asp

If you scroll down to the bottom and click on Mammals, it gives you a list of all the mammals in OR that are controlled, non controlled and prohibited. Non controlled means no one cares diddly squat if you have it, controlled means you must posses a permit, and prohibited means they are illegal. Even though some animals may not be prohibited though, for instance servals, you still could need another permit if they are endangered, as in a CITES permit.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Wow Cass! Your house must be HUGE to own all these exotic animals!

I can't wait to see pics! I also would love to see cage setups, I don't know why, but I love animal cages, my fav thing to do is to buy or make a new cage or my pets, I'm weird like that though!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

OMG, They're adorable, I can't wait to see some more pictures!

I hope your thumb is feeling better, that must of hurt!

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
    Wow Cass! Your house must be HUGE to own all these exotic animals!

I can't wait to see pics! I also would love to see cage setups, I don't know why, but I love animal cages, my fav thing to do is to buy or make a new cage or my pets, I'm weird like that though!

Ashley
    Me too! I love messing around with cages, and even just cleaning and rearranging cages too LOL.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by LabradorLover
    OMG, They're adorable, I can't wait to see some more pictures!

I hope your thumb is feeling better, that must of hurt!
    It scared me more than anything.

They are so much cuter in person though!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

He's a cutie! Hope your thumb feels better.

I babysat for a family that owned exotic animals.... including gators.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Cass,

Good girl, you did your homework!!!!! Have you got a name for him yet??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Cass,

Good girl, you did your homework!!!!! Have you got a name for him yet??
    He already has a name, though I can't remember what it was for the life of me. I know it was a girly name though, which got me a little confused...
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Wow, they are so cute!

I saw an advertisment in the newspaper selling Bush Babies once, I didn't know what they are then.

I can't wait for all the pictures!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3