Thread: Friendship

Friendship

I got this in my email today and I think it says so much so I thought I would share.

READ THIS VERY SLOWLY.... IT'S PRETTY PROFOUND.

Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because they haven't
    thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know it was coming or
    are too rigid to depart from their routine.
    I got to thinking one day about all those women on the Titanic who passed up
    dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back. >>From then on,
    I've tried to be a little more flexible.
    How many women out there will eat at home because their husband didn't suggest
    going out to dinner until after something had been thawed? Does the word
    "refrigeration" mean nothing to you?
    How often have your kids dropped in to talk and sat in silence while you watched
    'Jeopardy' on television?
    I cannot count the times I called my sister and said, "How about going to lunch
    in a half hour?" She would gas up and stammer, "I can't. I have clothes on the
    line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had known yesterday, I had a late breakfast,
    It looks like rain." And my personal favorite: "It's Monday." .She died a few
    years ago. We never did have lunch together.
    Because Americans cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule our
    headaches.. We live on a sparse diet of promises we make to ourselves when all
    the conditions are perfect!
    We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get Steve toilet-trained.
    We'll entertain when we replace the living-room carpet. We'll go on a second
    honeymoon when we get two more kids out of college.
    Life has a way of accelerating as we get older. The days get shorter, and the
    list of promises to ourselves gets longer. One morning, we awaken, and all we
    have to show for our lives is a litany of "I'm going to," "I plan on," and
    "Someday, when things are settled down a bit."
    When anyone calls my 'seize the moment' friend, she is open to adventure and
    available for trips. She keeps an open mind on new ideas. Her enthusiasm for
    life is contagious. You talk with her for five minutes, and you're ready to
    trade your bad feet for a pair of Rollerblades and skip an elevator for a bungee
    cord
    My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years. I love ice cream. It's just
    that I might as well apply it directly to my stomach with a spatula and
    eliminate the digestive process. The other day, I stopped the car and bought a
    triple-decker. If my car had hit an iceberg on the way home, I would have died
    happy.
    Now...go on and have a nice day. Do something you WANT to......not something on
    your SHOULD DO list. If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call
    you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you
    waiting?

Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened to the rain
    lapping on the ground? Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight or gazed at
    the sun into the fading night? Do you run through each day on the fly? When
    you ask "How are you?" Do you hear the reply?
    When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores
    running through your head? Ever told your child, "We'll do it tomorrow." And
    in your haste, not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch? Let a good friendship die?
    Just call to say "Hi"?
    When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift....Thrown
    away.... Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is
    over.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as
    well dance!"

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Re: Friendship

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
    Amen to that!!!!

If you'll notice, I have that same quote in my signature. Words to live by!

Thanks for sharing it!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!