Thread: Anyone else DDR obsessed like me?

Anyone else DDR obsessed like me?

So, anyone else play DDR?(Dance Dance Revolution...a dancing game for PS, PS2, XBOX, etc..more info about it here) I know Suki Wingy mentioned in the desktop thread that she's played it, but I don't know if any of you other guys do...I hope we're not the only ones!

I got it for christmas and I've been playing pretty much everyday since! When I first played it, it was hard enough to get past the beginner songs and now I can't believe I found them to be hard. Another reason I like playing it so much is because it's such a good way to lose weight. I don't really like any physical activity...running, jogging, even walking...bleh, but this is fun and it gets me moving. Anyone looking for a good exersize "plan" but can't find anything that's right or fun, and doesn't mind spending the money on the game system, game and mat...I'd recommend DDR.

I went to the arcade at the mall around here a month or so ago to play, but there were some kids there who were *very* good at it and I wasn't about to embarass myself with my low amount of skill But, someday I shall play at the arcade.

So, anyone else play? And if so, mind telling us about what level you're at? (If you're confortable saying)
    I started playing around christmas and I can get A's and B's on most songs on standard. I've gotten a couple AA's but I think they've only been on songs on light. No AAA's...yet

*Thanks so much Laura for the wonderful sig! ^_^*
    ~Hello to all of you from Rachel, Persephone(Persy), and Shin'ichi! =D ~

*my art and photography*
    *Persephone's Page*
    *Shin'ichi's Page*
    *my blog*

It's really fun, but I'm soooooooo bad at it

I LOVE DDR! I'm going to buy it for myself after I move out. We are going to be playing it at the Kelowna PT meeting.
    I've been BOO'd!

I played for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was actually pretty fun. But, only because I had no clue what I was doing and my friends and I were making fun out of it.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

My sister got DDR for Christmas as well. I don't play it very often, but she's always trying to get me to do it with her. She's pretty good.. most of the time she gets A's and AA's.

If you want a good laugh...then watch me try to play DDR! He he he!
    I've never played the videogame version...just embarassed myself at the arcade at my old school's student union.
    I do have an excuse though ( don't I always )....I'm not good at DDR for the same reason that I'm not good at sports like basketball and volleyball. I'm more of a distance athlete and I'm convinced I have less fast twitch muscle fibers than the average person.
    I never paid attention to the level...but if I had to guess, I'd say C or D! Does it go that low?

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

No, but I want it :X

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

My friend has ddr and I go over and play it sometimes. I love it! Here is a sire w/ some fun games, and I found it on a google search for ddr so it might be on this site! (finger ddr) I'll go look........
    http://www.funny-games.biz/main.html

Niño & Eliza

lol I LOVE the game! the theater here has DDR Extreme its the only one I have played lol. my friend and I were going to play once but we did not intend to follow up the act that was before us...a guy playing 2 games at once and got a perfect score, and with a bunch of cute guys watchin....lol we had no intentions of making fools of ourselves!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

We have it, we spent tons of money on the best dancepad, and we rarely play it. Sometimes I play it when I don't feel like going to work out though. It's so hard!!

I LOVE IT! I hate playing it on the dance pads at home but I love the ones in the arcades. When I started getting obsessed a couple summers ago, I probably lost a few pounds from playing so much! I'd play at least 3 games everyday, no matter what.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    I LOVE IT! I hate playing it on the dance pads at home but I love the ones in the arcades.
    My other friend Ashley has the arcade-type dance pad. It is almost like the one Kay posted, but only the sides are steel -- the rest is rainbow coloured.
    I've been BOO'd!

Ah, I love DDR! We have it on the PS2 and we play it at the arcade all the time.

Some people just need to realize that DDR doesn't teach you how to dance though, it's just fun. But if you do know how to dance, then that'll help alot when you play!