Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: World Trade Center, Pentagon under attack

**hugs** to everyone here at POTD and all the furbabies! Simba, I love your pics!! You always bring a smile to people's faces

I was driving into work this morning, and I noticed that on every overpass that I crossed under...that was a large American flag hung over the side. What a neat thing to see. Everyone I have run into today has been wearing at least a little token of the good ol' red, white, and blue! Get those candles out tonight at 7pm everyone, and show the world that we are united!!! I'm thankful for all of you here at POTD. It's a good reminder that there is goodness in the world and we will prevail! Let's give those heros (firefighters, police, rescue workers....everyone involved with the disaster recovery) all of our prayers, for it's going to be a long and tough journey....

Hi everyone. I made a couple of pics for you. Feel free to forward them on. The first one makes a nice tile desktop. The other one is to put on your website. Let me know if you use them.~~Amy

I saw a sight on the way home that was at the same time hilarious and touching.

As we all know, flags are running short. Alot of people who already had them, or were lucky enough to get one of the remaining supply, are attaching antenna flags to their cars or those banners that attach to the car window, like the sports team banners that sprout during any championship playoff.

Today, I was behind a car that appeared to have one of those window banner flags, although it did seem quite small. As I got closer and overtook the car, I saw that it was not a window banner, it was the passenger holding a very small flag through the cracked window, proud and straight!

I was surprised Wednesday afternoon when the train that comes before mine was so late that it got there a few minutes before my train. Although this is a commuter train, it shares part of its route with the Amtrak rail between Fort Worth and Dallas. When I got home, there was a story on the news about two men who were arrested at the train station in Fort Worth, who had no citizenship or immigration papers, fake airline IDs, a large amount of cash, and box cutters. They were on an Amtrak train and began arguing, making enough of a disturbance that the police were called. They were on a train heading to San Antonio, because the plane they were on from Newark to St. Louis to San Antonio never took off again after its St. Louis stopover.

Well, the police came out, then the drug dogs were called, then immigration, etc. I figured alot of the story was speculation, conjecture, and downright rumor (like the car bomb outside the Pentagon), or that they were arrested too hastily because they were Middle Eastern (like the poor guy arrested in Dallas on April 19, 1995 simply because he was Arab and had just driven down from Oklahoma City).

Now they are in FBI custody in New York, because subsequent investigations reveal that they have knowledge of the terrorists plans and are at least loosely associated with Osama bin Laden.

To think, they were in Fort Worth (creepy feeling crawling all over skin)!

When my dad was in the service, San Antonio (where we spent a large portion of his Air Force career since he was a flight instructor) was always high on the possible enemy attack sites because of large number of Army and Air Force bases, and the basic and pilot training functions on the Air Force bases. Most of those bases are closed, now, though, so I'm wondering why they were trying to get there. There was some speculation that the plane they were on was also supposed to be hijacked, probably between St. Louis and San Antonio. But who knows if this is true, or where they would have eventually crashed. Oooh (creepy feeling crawling all over skin again)!

Thanks Amy, I am proudly displaying your button on my website.

Leah, that is REALLY scary. I am very nervous now since I am so close to San Antonio.

At school, I park off campus and ride the bus to campus every day. On the way from campus back to my car this afternoon, some idiot screamed there was a bomb on the bus. It was just a stupid frat guy trying to make some kind of joke. We still had to all get off the bus and go through a bunch of stuff that made me an hour late getting home. I wish people would stop the pranks.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly:
    some idiot screamed there was a bomb on the bus. It was just a stupid frat guy
    He should be arrested.

I am afraid there will be more of this, unfortunately.
    I've Been Frosted

I think he was arrested, but I'm not sure. He was detained after everyone else by the university police, and I think the city police were on their way.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That is horrible! People like that are just so stupid. Lots of people in school have that same "this-is-a-big-joke" attitude. It makes me so mad.

I just found out that one of the planes that hit the towers was hijakked right as it was flying over Gardner, Massachusetts.... Gardner is the town right next to Westminster. Creepy... it's sickening to think that they were right above my head, living the last few minutes of their lives.

The people that make these "jokes" or stage these "hoaxes" are very frightened people. They have neither the moral fibre or maturity to deal with the most horrible events that have happened in America.
    Who does?
    If you hear anyone make a joke or are witness to a hoax please say VERY loudly to the instigator, "I am really sorry that you are emotionally unable to deal with your feelings, if you want to talk about things I'm here for you. I hope you can mature in time to cope with the consequences."
    Feel sorry for these people, not angry. There are others in the world that deserve your anger far more than sad immature individuals that can't understand the gravity of the situation now and the possibilities of what is to come.
    Feel and express pity VERY LOUDLY, save your outrage for those that deserve it.

Ugh, so many kdis at school just laughed as people jumped to their deaths and as the towers fell. I told them to shut up. I sure hope they wouldn't be laughing if someone they knew worked at the WTC or in the Pentagon.
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

Originally posted by SpencerTheLion:

Many of the people who jumped knew they were going to die in the flames if they remained on the tower. If I were a teacher, I'd want to take them to a morgue and ask them if it's still funny.
    Actually, some people laugh when they're nervous or afraid, sometimes it is a conscious decision to not appear afraid to their peers, sometimes it's almost involuntary. Do not speak to them angrily, speak to them of grief and kindness - whether or not they react in kind is NOT important, they will remember.
    I've Been Frosted

I checked out some of the photos. There are some really great shots of before, during, and after! Thanks for linking to it Spencer.