Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: World Trade Center, Pentagon under attack

It has just been confirmed that 800 people died in the Pentagon - this is vastly more than the approximated 100 I've been hearing all day.....

I just came back from a prayer vigil at my church. It did help a lot. I have some thoughts that I would like to share....

First of all, my heart is overflowing with grief and there is no room for anger or vengence. I hear so many people say that they are just so angry, how could this happen, why did this happen, we should just nuc 'em.... and on and on. That just weighs on my heart even more so. If they have faith in God then they are taking this into their own hands and being hypocritical. Justice will come to these people some day.

The people responsible got exactly what they wanted. The hijakers were on a suicide mission. If they would die just to harm Americans because of the hate in their hearts for us then what more could we do to them to make them pay? Nothing. There is not one thing on this earth, not any torture that would change the events of today or create fear in the hearts of those responsible. Their fate will be met....

In church we prayed, we prayed a lot and one thing that is soooooo important to remember is peace. Pray for peace in the hearts of each and every American. Pray that people do not take out agression or retaliation on those middle eastern citizens of the US no matter what those people feel. It is not for us to do! It will also not change anything. It would make us no better than those who created this catastrophe. Pray for peace in everyone's heart.... please.

I live in a town called Phoenix. The phoenix is a mythological bird that rose from the ashes - this is what we as Americans need to do. Rise above this horrid day and stand tall. Help those in need in any way you can and be proud and do not be shaken. Pray for the people who are suffering and the souls of those missing and who perished. That should be our only focus... not revenge and hate.

Love and peace - Be strong and my hearts are with all of you and your families now and forever.

Thanks for letting me go on... this is how I feel and I hope I have not offended... that was not my intention. I do not want to make this a political or religious forum but in this horrible time I felt the need to express some things and we all have and will come together as one.

Love Angel

Angel, I share your same feelings in that I have only been able to feel grief and disbelief as of yet. I do not want a war to start or any other violence ANYWHERE to take place. The only thing that concerns me is if we let this happen and not do anything about it, I'm afraid people will keep attacking at us. I am just going to have faith in the President and in this country that we will pull through and get past this devastating tragedy.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

How are everyone's furry guys? Big's been confused ever since I came home at 11:00 - instead of my usual 6:30. He knows something's up because he's not getting his usual amount of attention.

Reece and Lolly have been quiet with sad eyes all day. They spent the afternoon at my sister's apartment because one of her roommates had been crying all day thinking her sister was dead. They eventually found her though, couldn't get through because of the cell phones and regular phone lines in NYC being down. Anyway, my sister and her roommates needed a stress reliever so I dropped the dogs off while I went to the shelter. Both Reece and Lolly are very sensitive and pick up on peoples' emotions very well. So they've been very somber and a bit sad today Tomorrow I will cheer them up as much as I can, and try no be too upset around them so they don't get upset. Maybe I will try Leslie's trick of chewing gum. Was it cinnamon gum, Leslie?

Shiloh's been walking around tonight meowing very loudly. I don't know if she's bored or picking up on the tense air.

All three are sleeping peacefully at my side right now.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]
    Alyson

Bless your father, he is a very brave and good man. Sandra, I am so glad you husband is safe. I send many prayers to all the
    families, friends and to our brave rescue people who have suffered in this traggic
    cowardly attach.
    I have been watching CNN and BBC news.
    It is heart wrenching to hear about the
    calls comming from the brave people on
    the high Jack airlines before their death.
    Israel is sending over their Search and Rescue teams to N.Y.
    Many countries are offering
    their support.

Work for me was very quiet and sad.
    Most of the Government offices were closed
    and well as all high profile places.
    All Police agencies are still on
    Tactical Alert until further notice.

Terrorism effects all of us around the world.
    Hopefully together we will find away to end it.

Prayers to everyone.

----<---<--<{(@

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gini:
    [QB]Angel 3 they took off for Australia and are there now. I just had a postcard from them yesterday RAVING
    about your wonderful country. Thank you for taking good care of them - they are very special people.

Gini, Australia & America have always been good friends so it comes naturally to us to want to protect your citizens, assets & interests in our country from the kind of brutality we've just seen on the TV screens.
    Thank you, I know you would do the same for us...in fact, you have...at the Battle of the Coral Sea in World War 2.
    Former-President Bill Clinton is also holidaying here in the tropical north of our state. A massive protective ring has been placed around him, too.
    It is so cruel that the American people in New York & Washington have suffered for no other reason than that they were decently going about their daily business or trying to save their fellow citizens. Through all the horror, their courage & generosity still shine through as an inspiration to the rest of the world.

Can't sleep....

I've been reading all of your wonderful and supportive posts tonight. Sandra, my heart sank when I read your initial message. I wanted to call you so badly.

Folks, this is just too tremendous for words, but like a lot of you, I am calling on my Lord to help us through this.

On a happier note, I am involved in something wonderful today and tomorrow. I am transporting a little Alaskan Malamute puppy to his forever home in North Georgia tomorrow. His travels started in eastern NC, where he has been staying with a friend of mine from the Golden Retriever Community. His leg was broken severely, by accident, at his first foster home. He tried to get in the middle of a wrestling match with two larger dogs. After surgery and recuperation, he is on his way to his forever home. He is here with us tonight, and my girls, including both cats, are getting along with "Cheech" beautifully. He is indeed a bright spot in the midst of a lot of sadness for all of us. I am so happy to be a part of something that is good.

Let's pray for all the rescue and recovery workers, victims, their families, our President and his staff, as well as the wonderful canines who are helping to find bodies and living people.

Night everyone. Love to you all from all of us.

Logan, Helen, Lilly, Honey, Butter, Mimi and baby Cheech

Thanks for telling us some good news Logan. I can't sleep either. I can't do much of anything. Give sweet Cheech kisses from me. And drive safely tomorrow.
    Alyson

As I posted under 'a great sadness,'

I can't get through to my parents. They aren't anywhere near the tragedy but it's all still a bit scary.

Found out that my aunt lives 15 minutes away from Camp David. I knew she lived close but not that close! They are ok though.

I really have nothing to say. I'm in tears just re-reading thru the posts. What a heaviness in the hearts of all Americans tonight.

Logan, I'm glad to hear such happy news. Be sure to give the pup a good ear *scritch* and kiss for me. (Honey, Lily, Butter, Mimi..too.)

Sophie isn't pacing like she usually does at night. (she usually paces to come out of her cage.) IN fact, she burried herself UNDER all her shredded paper and stayed there for awhile. Right now she's munching Timmy hay--as soon as she finishes, she'll be out...probably for the rest of the night as I doubt that I'll get much sleep.

Fort Bliss (El Paso, TX) is shut down. If "something" were to go on there, I'd only be 30-45 minutes away from it.

I've heard rumors of a rumor, that there was a bomb threat on campus today. Dunno if it's true or not... As far as I know, classes are still being conducted tomorrow.

Peace be with us through the night.

{HUGS} and Prayers to you all.

I heard about it this morning and I live in Canada. I felt really sorry for those ppl who were in the wtc and pentagon. To all those ppl RIP

Sandra,
    you don't know how relieved I am to know your husband is OK, when I read your first post my heart skipped a beat.

Horse 1987 I will think daily of your dad.

i was not able to be on pet talk yesterday as i was just frozen in horror....i went to work and we were all like zombies...my mom lives in e.strousburg,pa....so i was worried about her...anyway,we closed early...i came home and was unable to sign on as i was watching the devastation....not to minimize...but i feel this makes pearl harbor look like small potatoes...i pray for all these people...and for the president to have the strength to make strong decisions....even though i am from norfolk,england and still hold my citizenship there, it does not matter,this sort of devastation should never happen...n.y.c. now looks like beirut!!!!i am just overwhelmed!!!!!!i pray for all the people and their families...i hope all your loved ones are safe on pet talk...the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

sandra, i am glad that your husband is o.k.i watcehed them build the w.t.c. from my apt. on 79th. st.in north bergen n.j....i know where you are speaking of precisely...i hope all of our pet talk friends and family are o.k.....and i pray for the souls i do not know personally who were involved in this..the deli
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Its really sad to hear about what happened to NYC. Me and my furry friends would always remember to include you all in our prayers. I hope that everybody will be fine.
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~