Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: World Trade Center, Pentagon under attack

Okay guys, I too have finally broken down. It is just so hard not to. God Bless you all and our nation today, this day September 11, 2001, our new day of infamy. Let us not forget the good in this world now at this time. Good symbolized by our love for eachother and the reason for this website - Pet of the Day. There still has to be good in this world.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Cougie Wechsler ]

I am scared and sad about this. I first heard about it in my 1st Period, (first class). I'm kinda not so scared now, it should be over by eathier this weekend, or hopefully by maybe tomarrow! (I hope! I prayed like 10 times today at school that everyone would be alright, and that this would stop very soon. Everyone please pray that this will stop now, and that we will all be safe, and everyone in America will be safe. This is just not right.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Sandra, I am so glad your husband is safe. I just got home and read that and almost had a panic attack until I saw your next message that said he was accounted for. Thank God. I will still keep you, and everyone else who was affected in my prayers.

I hope and pray this isn't the beginning of a long war. I am so scared. I can't understand how there can be so much hate and cruelty in this world. I can't understand why people would celebrate when people die, even people they hate.

I was doing bad this morning watching it all, so I went to the shelter. It was really good to be surrounded by wonderful people and beautiful, loving animals. If anyone is having a hard time coping with this, I'd suggest spending some quality time with your little fur babies, or the homeless ones at the shelter.

I have been thinking about all of you today, and I pray that you all will continue to be safe. I pray that this tragedy will put life into perspective for some people. I pray we can come together as a nation and conquer this. I pray that someday the violence and hate will stop.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh Sandra, I am so glad you spoke to your husband. My prayers were with you.

My prayers are also with the teacher's daughter. So senseless. So tragic.

I also pray for all those people who were thoughtlessly slaughtered and their families. I am so sorry. What an awful tragedy...the innocent airplane passengers, the firefighters, the office workers...
    I am devastated.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

Sandra, a sigh of relief that you have heard from you husband and that he is safe.

Aly, you must take heart in that this is a great country with a great history and that we will rise to the occasion to protect our citizens. Much heroism has already occurred and will continue to be demonstrated.

I just got in from our prayer service. God is the only constant in the world!!! What a blessing that we have freedom to worship in this country. May it always be so! So many do not. May God continue to Bless America!

We take our lives so much for granted, always thinking that we will be around tomorrow. Let us learn from this that each day is precious. Sandra I am so relieved that your husband is OK.

I've been close to tears all day. Sandra, when I read your post, I lost it. Thank God, your husband is ok. Thank God, Thelma is ok too.

I have an ex-boyfriend in the military. We don't get along but I sure hope he's ok. Have no idea of his where abouts...Germany the last I heard.

My prayers are with the hurt, the lost, the suffering, our leaders, our country...God help us!

All my American friends, I'm with Carrie (from the UK) in assuring you that your country has much love and support abroad. Here in Australia, the government immediately gave priority to protecting the US embassy & US consulates & US interests throughout our country.
    We live near a big army base & we watched lots of transport helicopters flying out with SAS troops to join this protective ring around American citizens working abroad here.
    We also have a commercial aircraft flight path above where the planes turn north after just taking off. There's an army gunship helicopter patrolling this section of the flight path & we can hear the continual low-flying rumbling.
    Our hearts go out to you in your grief & uncertainty about some of your folk. The one practical thing we can do in Australia, is to go all out to keep safe your fellow Americans who are here with us. And we will! God bless you all. And, thank you, Paul, I shall visit the Franciscan site.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Angels3 ]

I just posted this under 'A Great Sadnes' but I am just going to post it again here...

This is incredibly devastating and I am sad I am too late for the prayer circle. We watched this all day in school and had a moment of silence before the final bell rang. People were scared, people were crying... it's horrible. I am still in shock. The planes were from Logan airport... I've been there so many times, taken so many planes from there... I just can't beleive it. My heart goes out to everyone's families who have lost or possibly lost a loved one. I can only imagine the horror of what they are going through right now.
    I seriously hope this is not the start of a war. All the guys in school who are 18 or older are so afraid they would be drafted. I am also afraid... I don't want a war now. They are too dangerous in these times.

Again, my heart goes out to the grieving... even though we are all in our own states of grieving at this time. People are calling this the second Pearl Harbor, and saying that there may be 20,000 dead. The numbers are sickening. God help us all.

Sandra, thank God your husband is okay! Your post made me cry. Buddy, so did yours. My heart goes out to your teacher.

Earlier this afternoon my son and I panicked when we heard a plane fly overhead, then shortly later heard on the news that it was the American Airlines Response Team taking off for New York - AA's headquarters are two miles from my house, and like I said before the world's fourth busiest airport is three miles away. AA had special permission from the FAA to take off. We heard two other planes later on, but the news is still saying only two were dispatched - I wonder what the other plane was? It is still eerie not to be having jets overhead every two minutes.

On the way home from the church service, I encountered many mini-traffic jams from people waiting in line to buy gas. I could not see how much it costs, though!

I first heard about this at the end of period 1 and I spent period 2 in the library watching the news. I know i don't live in America but i was horrified with what i saw. I couldn't help myself from crying and after 15 min i couldn't watch anymore, so i left(i know its pretty bad, but im very sensitive to things like this). I spent the rest of the day on the edge of my seat, and i am SSSOOOOOOOO unbelievably happy to hear from everyone here at pet talk, and that everyone is okay. You guys are always here for me when i have a problem with one of my animals and when i heard this tragic news i imediatly thought of pet talk and how many of you live in America.
    My dads a firefighter here in Ontario and he got asked to go to the World Trade Center and help dig for bodies in the debris for 2 weeks. He accepted, and i have no idea how to feel right now, im very proud of him for being so brave, but i am also very,very,very nervous and scared for him hes going to be taken over there in an army jet. All i know is i am very proud of him and will support him every step of the way. I just hope that things will settle down by then. I won't be able to sleep at all those 2 weeks and i will watch the news every secound of the day. bye for now pet talk, god bless you all.

God bless your daddy, and we will be praying for him, too.

Bless your father. How brave and wonderful of a man he is. I thank your family for your courage and help you are giving us. You and your father will be in my prayers every night until he is home safely. Please give him a hug for helping and for being so wonderful. I have so much respect for all the firemen and other rescue workers.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Angel 3 - I have very dear friends who flew in from Boston to stay with me for a week while we all attended a wedding and related events. After the wedding they took off for Australia and are there now. I just had a postcard from them yesterday RAVING
    about your wonderful country. Thank you for taking good care of them - they are very special people. Please know, that we would do the very same for you without hesitation.

horse 1987 - I was so touched to think that your father will be in New York to help with the rescue efforts. I know that all of us will pray that he is kept safe and will return to you soon. Another Canadian offering selflessly for America's benefit.
    We are very grateful.

Regarding gasoline prices, I heard on CNN that a woman in Indiana went to work and gas was $1.69 - but when she came out of work at the end of the day the price was $3.50.

Sandra, we are so glad to hear your husband is alright and we will continue to hold your other family members in our prayers. What a horrible day you must have had and I am so sad.

Gini

Sandra, Thank God your husband is alright.
    Heather, I started to cry when I read your post, God bless your family and father for helping us, just b/c you don't live here doesn't mean you don't feel compassion for humankind. That shows just how special you are.
    God bless everyone. I just found out tonight that my brother in law flew to Dallas yesterday for work. Thank God he flew yesterday and not today.
    A student at work said her dad was supposed to be on one of the planes but it was grounded after the first attack. He is driving back from Boston, and it would take a couple days to get home.
    I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, as always.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..