Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy's Thread...

Amy's Thread...

This winter has been really hard on Amy, it has rained a lot and been cold and she has really has a time getting around, even my neighbor noticed how much worse she has been. I had to take her in for her yearly the other day and I had them go ahead and give her another steroid shot and while is feeling better, she still has a hard time getting around.... so she don't do much but lay around anymore.. Come on SUMMER!!!

BUT, in the brighter side, she has been a little sweet lap baby, purring her little heart out since she got that shot and her eyes are so much brighter.. So far, NO accidents because she can't get in the big litter boxes yet, she is getting in them OK so far. The minute she has a problem, I will get her out for her to use.

I thought it was time for her a photo shoot so here they are...
    Just relaxing outside her kennel/bed.

She has taken to getting on the arm of the sofa although she has a real hard time getting up there and balancing herself so she don't fall..

Look at those airplane ears... she has had enough of that flashie thing!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sweet Amy. I'm sorry to hear that winter has been so hard on her but glad she's getting some relief from the shot.

Thanks for the update and pictures Laura.

From Decker with Love

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Laura: I know that Amy has other issues, but have you ever tried using a snuggle safe? Petsmart

Cammie has very bad arthritis and we have noticed a big difference in her mobility if she sleeps on the snuggle safe all night. We nuke it in our microwave for 3 minutes (each microwave is different so read the directions). Then I put it under her favorite blanky and she settles down all warm and toasty. On very cold (Alaska) days, I nuke it again in the morning and she warms up on it for a few hours and then she runs around like she's a kitten again.

It might be worth a try for Amy.
    Last edited by kuhio98; 02-20-2005 at 07:17 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Poor Amy,we are sorry,that this cold weather,is making you,uncomfotable,and we will send Fluffy,The Big Cat Angel,to nestle,against you,and keep you,warm.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

She's such a sweetie! Looks pretty comfy laying there, even if she is annoyed by the "flashy thing"!!!

You're a beauty, Amy! I'm glad Meowmie gave you your own thread today!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Sweet Amy, I am so sorry that the cold and wet winter has been so uncomfortable for you. I'm glad that you got another shot to help you feel better, and look how sweet you are up there on that couch! I LOVE YOU sweet girl!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Oh dear Amy...damp weather is the pits, and I'm sorry that yo're feeling so sore. Sure hope that shot kicks in, and your little legs start feeling better fast. Kirby sends you nose rubs.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I have looked around Pet Smart and haven't seen those snuggle safe things, next time, I will ASK someone.. I do have a heating pad in her bed but she dosen't seem to like it very long at a time. I just hate that she is so young and having all these problems so soon... Like I said before, I thought we would have YEARS before she got like this but it started around her first birthday and she changes with the weather.. Summers are best for her and I end up keeping my house hotter than I need to in winters for her.. She still has her spirit though.. She has been laying on the TOP HIGH perch all day today! So, that shot has perked her up a LOT!!

Aw, poor Amy! As a fellow arthritis sufferer, I agree, this has been a hard winter, and we've really not had it as bad here as the rest of the country.

Please give her a kiss on her sweet little head from me, ok?

I loved seeing her pictures.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww Ami, it'll be summer before you know it. In the meantime continue snuggling with meowmie!

Today feels a little warmer so hopefully Amy is feeling a little better! Isn't amazing what they can do when they set their minds to it, like climbing up high where cats just naturally like to be. She's a trooper, she is!

Amy has neroulogical (?) damage, not the ole arthritis. She was born with this, weebles and wobbles till she all falls down the whole time she walks. Her back legs just will not carry her very far before they give out and she flops over. Her back end bounces up and down the whole time she walks and at times like lately, her whole body trembles and she can't controll it, therefore, making it hard for her to walk without falling over more. The worst she has gotten was when she had to use her front claws to pull herself to the kitchen to her food bowl, to drag herself in there to eat because she couldn't walk at all... a really bad time for her.

It is heartbreaking to watch but when she has ANY small victory it is a monumental victory... Like the day she finally made it to the top perch and was so proud of herself... Making it to the second level was a hudge victory and she posed for pictures and was so proud..But when she made it to the TOP... What a day of JOY that was for her!! She is such a sweetheart too. Everytime I take her to the vets, they all have to hold her...

Your description of little Amy has brought tears to my eyes. Bless her! I hope with summer coming that everything starts to get easier for her...she is a beautiful soul.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

These ch babies are the most precious and it is SUCH a relief that they are not just being pts automatically any more. I'm still not positive if my Oliver is ch but he has some of the symptoms and the vet said when he first saw him that he has neurological problems altho he never said ch. He is the hit of the vets office when he visits as he walks in wearing a kitty harness with a leash. If I put him in a carrier that temper comes out and he can't even be handled.

Thank goodness you and Amy live in Louisiana where the winters are short and the summers are long and Amy can be more comfortable. VERY soon it will be 90+degrees every day and she can bask in the sunlight! Of course, the rain just never seems to end tho, huh?

Love and smooches to Amy and I'm so happy she has someone who loves her so much.

Val, Amy's vet never used the CH term for Amy either but they do show her special concern when she goes in for anything.. The doctor she saw the other day told me she remembers Amy from the day of her spaying and the whole office was so concerned about her surgery and worried to death about her and then was so relieved when it was over and she was fine.. Geezzzzzz! If I'd known that at the time I would have really been worried to death worse than I was and as it was, I paced the floor and cried a lot that day..

They are saying MORE rain! Rain for days again!! Darn, and she is perking up really good, even played some today.