Weird Pets? How weird is weird?

How weird is weird?

A lot of people think I'm nuts.

I've got the following critters;

Hedgehog
    GEESE
    Dog
    Cockatiel

So how weird is weird? How far would YOU go? I personally want a pet skunk...

A skunk? Like Callie, maybe ...

http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/2000/April/22.html
    I've Been Frosted

I was listening to talk radio in my car this morning, and the host was talking about "weird pets", all because there was some study that encouraged employers to allow their employees to bring their pets to work. He, like so many radio talk show hosts, started thinking that people would abuse the priveledge, and encouraged people to call in about the weirdest pet they had, etc. One guy called and said he was home for lunch, but would be taking his two, female black widow spiders back to work with him this afternoon! Another guy called and said he had river crabs...don't know what they are. It was hilarious!

My family looked into getting a service monkey for my father, who is in a wheelchair! Sadly, the person has to be able to speak to give the monkey orders and my father is not, so we wer unable to get one... but wouldn't that have been cool?

I think monkeys are way cool. It would be great to be able to have one (or two)!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

I dunno... maybe a snake, just a li'l, non-poisonous, grass snake?
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

A visited a skunk web page a few days ago and was really fascinated. I can't remember the URL or I would link it. I didn't know before visiting that site that skunks have been pretty into lots of pretty colors, like Callie.

I can't imagine a bunch of animals at work. It would be like everyone bringing their kids - all the distractions, spats, etc. I felt funny bringing my cats in for medical care when I worked for a vet!

Daisy's Mom, I am saddened every time you post about your father. I keep y'all in my prayers.

I had a squirrel when I was young. I found him as a tiny baby that must have fallen out of his nest and he was much too small to climb a tree to get back in. I found him being attacked by and batted around by a little kitty, I rescued him, named him Little Bit, and raised him until he was just about full grown and then set him free. He was completely tame and loved people. Setting him free was so hard, my first lesson of "if you love someone, set them free". I knew he was ready to be free because the guinea pig cage I kept him in was way too small for a squirrel and when I set him free in the nature preserve he was thrilled. My friends loved coming over to my house to play with Little Bit He sure was adorable

My closest friend used to have a monkey. They finally had to get rid of it because they could never predict what it might to next. For instance, her father was a jockey so they always had horses. One day they found the monkey had somehow brought one of the horses into the kitchen!

When I was very young, I lived in a very small town, there was a Ship Captain who lived near us and he had brought back a monkey ( before all the regulations about owning one)from his travels. We kids used to go and see and play with the monkey until one day the monkey bit me on the leg. Don't know why. From then on no monkeys for me.

If anyone has visited the Seattle oodland park zoo.Before 1976 and saw a mountian Gorilla named BoBo he was raised by my great aunt In Anacortes. They had no children and my great uncle being a merchant seaman he brought home an baby for my aunt Jean. He got to agressive and too strong for them to handle,so he went to the zoo. He never did bond with any females, so he never left any young ones. He bonded too much with people. My mom has some great stories about him though.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

odd pets? as far as weird, i want a skunk and a crow. (i'd add wolf, but i see nothing odd about that.) and chinchillas seem to be common. ohh, i almost forgot. a brown or fruit bat.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Thanks for your thoughts, 4 feline house. Don't worry about us, we have Daisy to keep our spirits up!

I should add this... my aunt and uncle live on a farm and love animals. One day while in the woods they found a racoon in a trap, one of those awful things that cuts up the legs bad. The racoon was hardly moving and breathing so they took him to a vet (this was before the rabies scare so they weren't too afraid). His leg had to be amputated, my relatives were told, and a 3 legged racoon could not survive in the wild. They felt so bad for him they decided to do all they could to help the little racoon they had named Scooter, so they scrambled around, getting a permit to keep him and paying for his amputation. His leg was amputated and healed fine, and he grew up with my aunt and uncle, tame as a cat! He died a few years back but I used to love visiting him. He had his own bedroom, and even his own cat! The two were inseperable. I remember Scooter loved peanuts, and feeding them to him made me feel so cool!

Weird pets right... well I keep spiders! Just the small harmless kind that are perfectly happy in small tanks or even matchboxes! It's been a s'porean hobby for a long time. And it still creeps my mum out every time she sees them. But they're.. well I guess.. interesting!
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home