Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scared! Need Help!

1. Scared! Need Help!

I need help! Well, my friend does!

Last night on MSN, I was talking to my friend. Her MSN name was: it cut so deep it didnt take away the pain it juss made it hurt more!!!wanna be luved by sum1!

Then I kept asking her what was wrong, I asked if she was trying to commit suicide and she said: nono! So, I believed her! She said she would show me in class tomorrow(now today) and that I couldn't tell ANYBODY!

So, she showed me, I looked at her wrist and there was a bandage over it. If you knwo what I mean by her MSN name, you'll get it! So I didn't have to talk out loud, I asked her to come to the computer I was working at and typed it out, I asked her why she did that and she told me it takes away the pain, what pain I asked. She told me emotional!

I'm so scared for her! She is my BEST friend, and I don't know what I would do without her! Is there something I could tell her that she would maybe stop thinking this way?

She didn't even tell her friend that she has known her whole life, she must trust meI feel very guilty that I wrote this, but I need to know!

I can't even cry it scares me so much, I was just sitting in class, didn't even listen! I'm VERY scared! She wants somebody to love her! And I do love her as a friend, she is my best friend!

Can somebody help me, help her?

Does your school have a counselor that she can talk to? If you I would try to convince her to go see the counselor if not then you should go directly to the counselor. She might be angry at first but in the long run she'll appreciate what you did because you cared enough to help her.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Try to get her to talk to a trusted councelor. If she won't, then you should. My friend had all the classic suicide symptoms but I didn't tell anyone.

Her parents found her in her room (she OD'ed on sleeping pills).

Thankfully they got her to the hospital in time and she is still with me and we are planning our weddings.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

4. Our school is brand new! We don't have a counsellor yet, they are looking for one, I just wish she would stop and think about it!

I think you should talk to her, and try to get her to see someone. Make sure she knows you're there for her no matter what, and that maybe she could call you if she feels that way, instead of cutting?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I think you should talk to her, and try to get her to see someone. Make sure she knows you're there for her no matter what, and that maybe she could call you if she feels that way, instead of cutting?
    Great advice there. My best friend was doing the same thing and she said she got a counselor. Unfortunately she moved two years ago and I really couldn't do anything to see her or help her. I felt so helpless Then she told me she is seeing a counselor. She moved 2-3 hours away.

All my advice is to you is Don't give up, if you have to tell someone that CAN help her, please do so, she may be mad at you but trust me she'll thank you in the end. ((((big hugs to you))))).
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wouldn't her parent's notice her bandaged wrists? Or is she hiding them with long sleeves?

You need to tell someone. I know it'll be hard, but you have to think of your friend's best interests. Maybe she'll get to see a therapist that can help her deal with whatever is bothering her.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

8. Its only 1 wrist, and she has it covered with a wrist band. I asked her if she told her parents and she said no way!

9. If I tell, she'll hate me! I know its the right thing to do, but I don't think I can!

I think I'll tell my english/religion teacher tomorrow, she is so calm and relaxed about everything! Shes the best teaher ever, I hope she'll understand!

That's a good idea, a trusted teacher is almost as good as a counselor - it's an adult who has had some training, anyway. Do, please tell the teacher. She needs help, this is not healthy behavior.

11. Originally posted by Karen
    That's a good idea, a trusted teacher is almost as good as a counselor - it's an adult who has had some training, anyway. Do, please tell the teacher. She needs help, this is not healthy behavior.
    She is a very nice teacher, I was talking to my friend tonight on Yahoo and she and I were laughing the whole time, I told her to think about what she did, and tell an adult about it. She said she would try(I doubt she will) so I will do it anyways.

I will let you all know how it goes, any advice as to how I could address my teacher with this problem?

Just be factually with the teacher tell her you are concerned about a freind. Then tell her about the event and that you want to get her help but don't want her to feel she can't trust you . She must to tell you and you need to keep it so she can help her if she gets in to something more.

Do something Lexi, and quickly. Her life is worth more than any short term damage your friendship might suffer.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

14. I went into my teacher today, she was very understanding about it! Thats why I think she is the best. She listened and talked and told me things. She gave me a couple hugs and was very comforting!

She took me down to student services (I guess we do have a counseller)and I had to talk to some people. They were very helpful, my teacher stayed there with me the whole time, I started crying during both of these sessions!

They are going to talk to my friend and I hope she won't be mad at me. My teacher(Mrs.Larose from now on) and she said that it is called cutting and that people do it to focus on other pain then the emotional pain they are feeling!

She told me it was good that I came to her, and she is glad that I trusted her. That afternoon we had a dance, and I was way to put down to even think about eating lunch or going there. So Mrs.Larose said that I could watch a video, just me and her in her class on her laptop. We had lots of fun.

Thanks everybody for your kind words and helpful hints. This is going to be bugging me for a bit now. And I'm glad my friend is getting help. Even if it happened to be a false alarm. I'm glad that I did anyways!

Thanks again everybody!

P.S. My Mom started yelling at me when I got home, she wasn't very helpful about the whole situation and made me feel worse about it! She said that what if she was doing this just to see what you would do? I am scared!
    Last edited by Lexi_Lover; 02-17-2005 at 05:16 PM.

I am glad you found help, why is your mom yelling at you in this situation?? It's not your fault and she should take it seriously(I am not saying she doesn't take it seriously) but you should atleast tell your mom(If you feel comfortable telling her) that you seeked help for your friend and then your mom should be proud of you for doing the right thing. (((postive vibes and hugs being sent your way)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..