Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need To Say Something.

I am curious as to just HOW MANY other dogs she has 'gone thru'.
    maybe by showing her a definate LIST of the numbers it will make it even more real to her and she won't be able to block it as some say she does.

However, please, I would love to get some real examples of other posts that she has given where the dogs come from the shelter, are loved for a few weeks and then she can't handle them anymore and they are discarded. That is not right.

That is something that as someone said, needs to have her be reported to a few of the shelters in her area - stop her now.

Tina, I have done fostering and I love the freedom and special feeling I get from that. Knowing that a dog I have loved and socialized and worked with is going onward to a better place and a happier home is wonderful.
    But many many people can't handle it. That doesnt mean that you keep adopting dogs, it means that you love the ones you have. You don't want to end up like the bag lady on the Animal Planet show where they have her and the 9 dogs that they have to pull in and the dogs are all manged and underfed and maybe they are loved but gosh, would have been better if it had just been two dogs in the house. Think about it.

Originally posted by cali
    eveyone will start yelling and screaming at her saying she is a terrable person etc.. and dont even think of denying it.
    I just reread all four pages and I found no one that said she was a terrible person. I found many people, however, that said she was acting irresponsibly.

This is called constructive criticism. We are trying to help her see why what she's doing is messed up. We're not saying "Tina, you're stupid!" or "You suck!" - that is mean, as well as unnecessary. Let me try to put it into something on your level...

... If you stay out past your curfew, what do your parents do when you finally get home? Say "Cali, you suck!" and that's it? No. They probably tell you why what you did was IRRESPONSIBLE, why they're disappointed, and then discipline you in some fashion.

That's exactly what we're trying to do, save the discipline. We're letting her know that what she's doing is irresponsible and why we're disappointed, and hoping that one of these days what we say actually sticks and this situation doesn't repeat itself over and over and over and...

(posted 11/24/2003)
    Originally posted by Tina
    Sometime between Tuesday and Thursday evening about 2 weeks ago Ruff passed away.
    How can you not know what day your own dog died? It was shocking to me to read when it was originally posted. So many other animals of Tina's have been lost since then...it's just sad. I do not think she doesn't love her animals, I'm sure she does, but whether or not she has the ability to care for them is the question in my mind.

Tina, PLEASE stop getting more pets. For your sake and theirs.

Here is some information about Virginia.

The western side of Virginia that borders West Virginia... the only applicable telephone area codes are 540 and 276.

Animal Control/Pounds in VA by city

Animal Shelters in Virginia by city

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

Originally posted by cali
    congrats on your new pup and I really mean it

everyone else, would you rather her get a new dog and say nothing then when she goes to post pics of her new baby guess what will happen... eveyone will start yelling and screaming at her saying she is a terrable person etc.. and dont even think of denying it. if you guys hink she is posting just to justify it, well on this board people make you feel like you have to have a reason for everything, for example I always feel like I have to have an exuse for everything on this board.
    this is pretty funny coming from someone who PURPOSELY went to another board and LIED to them to start trouble -
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

She needs to
    STOP getting more animals and STOP telling us all this stuff and STOP making threads about how people hate her -
    getting more animals won't bring you out of you're depression -
    THERAPY will.
    And to the kids that support her - spoken just like people who have nooooo clue - do the research
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by shais_mom
    She needs to
    STOP getting more animals and STOP telling us all this stuff and STOP making threads about how people hate her -
    getting more animals won't bring you out of you're depression -
    THERAPY will.
    Ditto!

I don't live with you, so I don't know your situation, but, I've gone back to read threads from when you first adopted Jake. They helped me to see that there is a problem with you using animals to help you feel better. Again, while I don't know, it would seem that once you realize they are a lot of work and that this time doesn't seem good for a new addition, you find them a home. While its really good to foster, you've said yourself that its not for you.

Maybe if you were to look back at all the threads you've made about your past animals, it would help you to see the Tina we see. The impression I'm getting from you is that we have you all wrong. Like someone already said, we only know what you've told us.

From what you've told us, this new puppy is just a repeat of Jake. The only conclusion we can gain from your husband wanting to adopt the new puppy is that you share the same ideals regarding animals.

To me, it seems as though you are using these animals for two purposes:
    1) to get that "high" of having a new thing to play with
    2) to get that "high" of being upset about something

As a pscyh student, what I've learned from your threads is that you seriously need to get some meds and some weekly therapy. You have human children to care for...you need to get help, if only for them.

I've never been mean to you, I've always been nice and polite to you. I hope you will view my response in the manner in which I've written it, with care and concern for all involved. We don't hate you, we just want everyone involved to be OK.

Take care and I hope you'll be back at PT when you're feeling better about yourself.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Well said Noah's Mommy!
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

--*sigh*--

i wish this would ALL stop,breaks my heart to see all of this

Originally posted by sammy101
    --*sigh*--

i wish this would ALL stop,breaks my heart to see all of this

That's our same thoughts.
    So many of us wish Tina's behavior would stop, and it hasn't. How many animals have to be rehomed, "mistakes" made, before it stops? Who knows.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Very nicely said, Noahsmommy!!

This is my take...We all have the right to comment on this, b/c Tina did start the thread afterall...but...it is a known thing that she has a problem with depression...i think things *need* to be said with more tact. I know, that if I have issues, and someone responds to me negatively, I am more apt to feel even crappier than I already did...K9Soul and Noahsmommy replied in a compassionate mannor, not in a judgemental manner. I mean, we all know that she has some depression problems, lets try to reason with her, and offer out 2 cents in a more caring mode. Sure, you can say that it is becoming a recurring problem here, but still, I don't feel like it is right to be harsh to someone who has depression problems. She doesn't need to be crying at home over our responses ( if i were her, *I* would be), b/c they come across as harsh...it is just as easy to say, " Please let us help you, in some way" If she gest convicted over the fact that maybe we are right, and a dog isn't in her best interest right now, then at least she came to that conclusion with our caring support.

I just hate to see people hurting, and clearly, Tina has some issues that she knows she needs to deal with...lets not add to them. If you can't say anything without being more careful of the way you word it, then don't say anything, maybe she would getr the point, by no one responding and it could have the same effect, minus the judgemental replies. Hey, I am sorry, I felt she needed someone sticking up for her...I know people who are depressed, anf therefore, it hits home to me, they need support more than anything...or they keep getting pushed deeper into a hole...sorry, but i had to say this.

I do agree, that maybe these animals are trying to fill a void in her life, and are a temporary high for her, but i think the best advise we can give her, is to make sure she seeks more medical help...for her depression...

Robyn