Thread: What can you tell me about Siamese?

What can you tell me about Siamese?

My latest rescue, Coco Puff, is Siamese and boy, is ever a handful! Because he was feral, he's already had his share of illness. (See my postings under Cat Health/Rescue.) I've been told that Siamese are quite vocal and indeed he is! He makes some of the strangest sounds I've ever heard, one of which is "boop boop". I've since nicknamed him Booper. He's also the most cuddly, snuggly cat out of my 8 and, when I walk, I have to be careful that I don't step on him because he's always underfoot, when he isn't racing through the house like he's on fire, that is. He's also the most curious of all my cats, into everything and he loves wrestling w/all the other cats. He's 9 months old now and I can't remember what my household was like before he became a member of my fur posse. I absolutely adore him and can't stop myself from picking him up and smothering him w/kisses. He doesn't seem to mind a bit.

Anything you can tell me about Siamese that you think I need to know or would enjoy knowing would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
    Mary

Hi Mary, I don't really know much about Siamese cats except that they're usually very friendly, talkative, and form strong bonds with their owners. You may want to pm rosethecopycat about more Siamese information because I know that she fosters Siamese cats for a rescue organization.

I live,with 4 meezers,a Balinese,and an Oriental Shorthair.And Siamese,are very talkativ,and when yiu talk,to them,they look,as though,they are listening.And they are jumpers,and climbers,and whenthey want something,they want,it YESTERDAY! I ,love mine,and they,are GREAT CATS!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Meezers, I love it! Boy, you described my meezer to a T. He climbs everywhere. Yesterday, he was on top of the fridge, knocked over my wine rack. He loves to jump from counter top to counter top and anywhere else he can try his skills. I love mine, too, the little brat. Thanx for the input.

Blessings,
    M

meezers

meezers are wonderful,I am not just saying that cause I have one too... [IMG]byddt[/IMG] file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Setting...mths%20old.jpg

meezers

here is another picture of my siamese boybuddy

I used to have a meezer named Zasper, she was an amazing kitty. I used to put her on a leash and harness and take her to PetSmart with me! She loved people and enjoyed any attention that was given to her.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

very talkative?they will yip at you to your saying ok whatever now go off to eat or something lol

Yes, he's quite the talker. And he loves attention once he gets to know you. Until then, he's pretty shy. But boy, does he get into everything! He's the most curious of all the cats I've ever had.

I have a snowshoe (Claudia), which is a siamese/bi-color domestic shorthair mix. She is sooo loyal - she follows us around, sleeps on our feet in the bed, curls up with me on the couch every chance she gets, and she is so playful - anything that she can tear up or play with that isn't a toy, she loves. She also makes the cutest little grunting noises or "meeps". In fact, I sometimes call her "Meep meep" or "Meepers" b/c of her cute sounds. She has a purr louder than any cat I've ever come across, and she is just such a doll. We love her to pieces!

Siamese cats and their relatives, like Snowshoes and Balinese, are just delightful!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Yours says "meep meep" and mine says "boop boop". What a pair!

M

Cute!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

I used to have Siamese cat, called Daizy...All I can say about Siamese cats - they are wonderful..actually awesome kitties..that just LOVE being around people

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)