Thread: "does your pet feel a lot of stress about going to the vets"

"does your pet feel a lot of stress about going to the vets"

I took Lefty to the vet's this morning to get his nails clipped and to have them show me how to do it myself (because I broke out in a cold sweat every time I tried), and he pooped on the floor. Therefore, I think the answer is a big "Yes" for this poll!
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

2. I don't think Lexi does, shes a pup, and she has only gone 3 timesMe, nah, its just a routine, the only time I freaked out about going to the vet was when we had to take Tigger in for her checkup(wasn't good) and I didn't go, but also when they took her in to be put to sleep

Tango and Echo LOVE going to the vet As soon as they see the building they get really excited, you'd think the vet was their best friend lol. Tia doesn't like going there, she's afraid of almost everything and the Vet's one of them...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

the vets office stresses Happy out a tone, her tail tucks she hids under the bench and her coat goes all dull and flakey, and her eyes flint from side to side trying to get away. we took here there all the time just for treats in homes it would help, no luck lol. as for Misty? I have no clue, she has not been to a vet since she was 16 weeks old for her parvo shot, and she is 2 years old now lol Misty is in complete and perfect health, and does not get injured easy either. the only reason Happy has been so much is because before we switched to RAW she had a million and one health problems. now its just because she keeps getting injured lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

both of mine LOVE the vets office!They have a bird in there,and Kodie gets excited when he sees it,lol.They just dont like it when they have to take their temperature
    They both love everyone that works there

Tristan

My Tristan loved going ANYWHERE. including the vets. he didn't even mind shots.

When he was diagnosed with Lymphoma, we were going an hour away once a week for chemo - which often included an IV and testing and sometimes very uncompfortable procedures.

week after week, he would prance into Vet Specialty Center, usually carrying a stuffed toy to show his friends, and he would happily make the rounds of all the staff, getting attention and dispensing kisses. Even if he was having a bad time, which wasn't often, he would perk up when it came time to greet all his many friends at the vets. PEOPLE were so very important to Tristan - he would do ANYTHING to make them happy and to feel loved.

his vet techs were amazed at how calm he was during chemo treatments - some of the comments i heard over the months were:

"Tristan's the only dog we never have to restrain, even a bit - as long as someone stays by the table and talks to him or pets him, he never even tries to lick the IV site!"

and -

(as we were getting ready to leave one day) Maris said "Is there anywhere that Tristan goes that he doesn't like? he's ALWAYS so happy!"

and

"Tristan greets everyone like a long-lost friend, doesn't he?"

One of Tristan's great gifts to this world, was that his happy and bouncy attitude while going thru chemo gave a great deal of hope to many, many people facing the same devastating news with their own pets.

his "joy in life" was contagious, and he shared it with everyone he met.

Sadly, Tristan died three weeks ago, on January 24, 2005, though his joy and light will always shine on in my heart.

Laura
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Amanda, for the wonderful siggy and avatar!

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
    - Milan Kundera

Both Oggy & Flute love going to the vets. All those sounds to hear and smells to smell, other puppy's to talk to and the staff just seem to adore them.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

8. My dog hates getting his nails done no matter whos doing the nail clipping. i dont think he minds going to the vets though.