Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something to chew on

something to chew on

Autumn chews through every toys we give her. She bites chunks off kongs and can have a bike tire chewed through in a matter of minutes. I can't give her any toy without supervision or she destroys it. Does anybody else have a strong chewer in the family?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

wow, i thought my dog was a strong chewer, but he has never made it through his kong yet!

what kind of dog do you have???

She is a toller. She's small and its hard to imagine her chewing that hard but she does. When it comes to retrieving birds though she doesn't hurt a feather.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

i have a strong chewer like yours.Kodie broke through lots of toys,but not his kong yet b/c he doesnt like it .But we given kodie a Nylabone and hasnt broken through it yet.Its made for dogs who are strong chewers,and like to chew.Habe you tried one yet??

LOL Maybe it's a Toller thing, Tango's ruined numerous amounts of Kongs I haven't found anything really that I can give her without it getting ruined, so I'm not much help. Wish I could help you though, hopefully someone else has an idea

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

try some of these, i saw in a pet review that the white one on the right is for REALLY strong chewers.

waa waa can't see the picture, jackie.. I've been depersately looking for one for my dog too! I can't find anything that he can chew and last long for the night! or he jumps on my beddy --
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Fenway chews everything! Last night he found a baseball in the park and decided to chew on that! He actually chewed to the inside of the ball! There wasn't much left! After that, he decided to chew on a new toy bone I gave him. This morning I looked for it but couldn't find it anywhere! I don't know if he ate the whole thing! He'd chew through a brick if I let him. And he's only 20lbs!

Origianlly posted by eliz..
    he'd chew through a brick if I'd let him and he's only 20lbs!
    ack...obviously that's worse than my dog.. *tighten my shouldermuscles and squished my eyes* ouch to imagine someone chewing a brick. just like you run your fingernails across the roughy blackboard!

sorry the pic doesn't work!

nylabone has some bones out especially for strong chewers. one is called

Galileo®
    "Made of super-tough virgin DuPont nylon, these dog chews are tougher than any other nylon or polyurethane bone. Recommended especially for aggressive chewing dogs."

Nylabone Big Chews For Big Dogs
    "Wow! A dog chew SO BIG and SO STRONG that even your BIG DOG cannot destroy it! These BIG CHEWS for BIG DOGS are made of X-tra tough nylon, are long lasting and designed to stand up to the most POWERFUL CHEWER! We tested BIG CHEWS in clinics and kennels, so we're sure they satisfy even the most aggressive dog!"

jackie..

thanks!! I hope they'll work well!

how's this......

...just a snack

i haven't found any thing yet...i'll have to check out those things JACKIE showed us

look at those purdy teeth....

sorry the pics are so big....i'm still working on that

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

the nyla bone Gaileao is FANTASTIC!! Pricey,, but worth every penny!

OMG, i was looking for some more products to post and i found this about nylabone, please READ ME

they stressed that its not the edible nylabones which cause the problems, but the plastic ones.

"(Note Bene: The product in the article below was, I believe, about the plastic Nylabone. Even so, I do not recommend the rubber chews which have the little rubber "nubs" on them. The nubs can be chewed off and swallowed. Rubber is not digestible. Rubber chew toys should be solid, hard rubber with no easily gnawed off parts, and should be replaced about every 6 months or so - depending on how much they are chewed. D.B."

Originally posted by jackie
    OMG, i was looking for some more products to post and i found this about nylabone, please READ ME

yikes.. not a hoax for sure? - I've just tried Galeilo and it worked marevlous! NOT a chip nicked off on the next day when I woke up