Thread: help!!my new 11 week kitten is peeing and pooping outside ger box..what do i do?

help!!my new 11 week kitten is peeing and pooping outside ger box..what do i do?

A couple of days ago I adopted 2 11 week old kittens. the female is peeing outside the box and is pooping outside it also in a different area but in the same room as the box. The brother has no problems using the box. the people i received the kittens from said all 6 kittens from the litter were trained. the female is skiddish runs away when approached, otherwise is friendly and had a good disposition. i am afraid that the brother litten will start doing the same & would welcome suggestions. A little history..The nother cat was found shortly beofre the birth of the kittens outside abandoned..the kittens were born insdie and had human contact and until last week all 6 kittens were together. now i have 2 a brother & sister. Should i ioslate the kitten that i know is doing the accidents..in a room or crate??? any suggestions may help so give me anything that you may think will help??? christine
    christine

Maybe she wants her own box in that spot, so she doesn't have to share with her brother?

my kitten did this and she had a UTI - she pooped outside the box and peed -
    a trip to the vet is in order asap!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I agree, a trip to the vet is necessary.

If you do find out it's not health related, I've heard the what you need to do is retrain her to use the litter box. How you do this is put her either in a cage with the litter box or in a small room (such as a bathroom) with the litter box. Do not let her out until she is using the litter box 100%. If she is at first confused, what you could do is when she poops, put the poop in the box. That way she gets the idea that the poop belongs in the box - a little harder to do with pee. Whatever you do, do not spank her or yell at her and then throw her in the box. This will only make her associate being yelled at with the litter box and she will start avoiding it even more.

However, first comes the vet visit. Usually one of the first signs of a health problem in a cat is not using the box.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Maybe,the Boy Cats poo,smells,and a second box,might help,a Pink One,so the Boy,will never use it.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you

Thanks for the relpy and I did get a second box and she wants nothing to do with it. I am going to get a kennel for dogs that i can use for the kitten and see if keeping her, her box & food in it until se uses the box will work. The color wont matter its not him using the box thats the problem it me getting her to use it..pink, red ,blu or whatever..she's just not interested.

thankyou anyways.
    christine