Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog bites

Dog bites

They always say which breeds "bite the most" but they never bother to ask everyday people which breeds they have ever been bitten by. I know if someone "important" did something like this, that maybe bad talk about pit bulls, rotties, etc, would die down a bit. I know we've had a thread like this before, but I thought it was interesting.

What breeds of dogs/mutts have you been bitten by?

For me
    1 American bulldog ( this one was my fault. I was five and I pulled his whisker lol. He was my dog).
    1 American cocker spaniel
    1 Golden retriever
    1 Neopolitan mastiff (GORGEOUS dog -- nice blue brindle colour).
    1 sheltie mix
    1 German shepherd dog
    1 Labrador retriever
    1 shi tzu
    1 border collie
    I've been BOO'd!

1 Lab (pup)
    1 Sheltie (Kaedyn didn't break the skin though. Thank god. I didn't need another lip piercing )

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I've only really been bitten once, by a miniature schnauzer. It wasn't a serious bite, I was reaching down to pick something up off the floor at a friend's house and the dog suddenly snapped and bit my hand, breaking the skin and leaving a small scar. It seemed like a territorial thing. My mom's friend had a West Highland white terrier that nipped at my feet when I got close to her food dish but never broke skin.

A dog that looked like a black lab mix tried to bite me when I was younger. I was on my front porch, and saw it trotting down the street and called to it, and it broke into a run snarling at me. I got back in the door of my house and it attacked and bit the corner of the screen door as I was pulling it shut.

A friend's sister's sheltie snarled and bared her teeth at me but I looked down and sat still, and they put her in another room. An australian shepherd looking dog once followed me down the street hackles raised and snarling, frightened me but I just kept walking and it didn't attack.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Re: Dog bites

1.large mix (at the dog park)
    2. toy dog but I do not recall the breed.

----<---<--<{(@

What constitutes a bite? Breaking of skin? Vicious intent? Nipping in Play?

I don't think I've been actually bitten in what constitutes biting in my eyes. I've been nailed a couple of times accidently by Maddie, when she was going for Oz. Stuck my hand in at the wrong time between'em and being blind, she got me vs him. Smarted, but no skin was broken. But that's about the closest to an actual bite, I've ever been by any breed.

edited to add: My cousin's Aussie nipped at me, when I went to pet it once. But I wouldn't classify it as a bite either. More a warning.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I just meant dogs that weren't biting in play, but rather an aggressive bite.
    I've been BOO'd!

My worst bite ever was by a cock-a-poo at work. Nasty dog.

I've also been bitten by a chihuahua and a few bichon/shih tzu crosses. Genereally your reflexes get quite sharp when you work with dogs every day.

*Thanks Ashley*

wolfsoul:

I just meant dogs that weren't biting in play, but rather an aggressive bite.
    Okay. No actual bites for me then.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Originally posted by Shelteez2

I've also been bitten by a chihuahua
    I remember one chihuahua that tried to chase me lol. It kept coming up to my ankles and trying to nip at them. He was so small. I'm sure I could kick him 20 feet and yet he was the funniest thing ever, wouldn't back down. The owner just stood and watched.
    I've been BOO'd!

Rottweiler. Once.

He lived down our old street and his owner was walking him and i asked if i could pet him and told him i had a Rott too, he said yes then he bit me hard and i bled, it wasnt really a big deal but i was so shaken by it i started to cry.

I would not let a stranger pet Face, but i thought since he said yes that it was ok.
    Guess not.

1 Jack Russle Terrier- Perky, when my mom first brought her home she tryed to bite my face off, needless to say I am still a bit weary of her lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I have only been bitten aggressively twice (pretty good for how many dogs I'm around in the shelter every single day). One was a schipperke and one was a dachshund. Neither broke skin.

Love both the breeds!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly

Love both the breeds!
    I love to hear when people don't hold a grudge! My worst bite was with the Neo Mastif. He tore apart my thumb pretty badly -- my nail was black for months. But I still love the breed, they are gorgeous dogs.
    I've been BOO'd!

I have been bitten by my sister's little westie but I don't think she really meant to bite me. Other than that I can't ever remember being bit. I'm actually surprised because I have a bad habit of not having any fear of dogs and when I see a dog I am always bending right down to it and petting it. I know better but I always do it. One of these days I'm going to get it!

chihuahua's
    An old friend had four and if I walked in the house they would all attack my legs and were so vicious I hated those dogs and I've never hated an animal before Thats why I don't like the breed now They even bit her a bunch of times!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month