Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dog bites

When I was around 3-4 I was bit by a golden retriever. I don't remember exactly what happened but I think I must have been teasing it (Of course, not intentionally!) and all of a sudden it bit my arm and I screamed lol. No crying just a loud scream. I had to get stitches, it was no fun. I was on vacation so my parents were happy they had bought health insurance. Although ever since then, golden's have been my absolute favorite breed and that makes me think it was a love bite.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I've never been bitten by an agressive dog and I'd like to keep it that way

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Just the 1, i was bitten by an Australian Cattle Dog it left a nasty bruise, but did not quite brake the skin. I have been charged at by countless small fluffys when out walking.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I've never been actually bitten by a dog.
    I've been around tons of "dangerous breeds" and not one has even shown any signs of attacking.

I have however been nipped at.
    My cousin's malteses are the only dogs who have actually nipped aggressively.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I've been bitten by an injured Rottie I got too close to. He fell off a second story balcony and I was calling to get him help, I leaned down and he got me on the hand. It was a nasty puncture wound with blood everywhere.

Both of us survived.

Labs- numerous times, I volunteer at a humane society and they are the worst.
    Skye Terrier- the little runt that runs around our neighborhood all day and never is in its own yard.
    Yorkshire Terrier- many a nip to the hand.
    German Shepherd- required stitches, he jumped his fence.
    Doxie- they have strong teeth
    Feral cats- I've had my share of these. Make up the most animals bites reported, also the worst because of bacterial infection.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I have not been bit by an agressive dog. I was bit by a pitbull. We were playing and I nelt on his paw in a way that I pinched one of his fingers and he let out a yelp and grabbed my elbo. (i broke his nail a bit) I had the pins and needles feeling in my arm for 30 minutes. The dog was so upset he bit me that he started to wimper and licked me to death. He wouldnt leave my side after that. If I would sit on a chair he would climb up on my lap (he is 99 lbs)and dig his beak into my chin. He was so upset. He did not break the skin, but left a monster yellow/black and blue. Till this day (he is not my dog) he remembers and he is crazy about me. I have him over for sleep overs and I take him fishing all the time. He is my best bud.

Never been bitten by a dog.

I have been bitten by a cat (Logan) and had to go to the hospital. I also have scars on my face and arms from when RB Chance attacked me a few years ago. Probably should of gone to the hospital that night, but was too afraid to get stitches.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I´ve been bitten by dog only once - for luck lol.. and that was doxie

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I was bitten on my ankle by a bichon at work. It was crazy... I was standing a good 3 feet away from him when he lunged at me and bit my ankle. I was just getting him a fresh bowl of water. It wasn't a bad bite, but it did break skin and there was a lot of blood.

That was the only time I was actually bit, but I've had some other close calls. I've had close calls with a chihuahua, dachshund, JRT, and 3 different spitz that I can think of off the top of my head.

Now ask how many times I've been bitten by a cat, bird, or rodent... too many to count.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Bitten daily by my kitties, but as for dogs:
    german shepherd
    rottie mix

neither were hard bites, more like warnings, although the bite from the rottie did hurt!

Two bites. First- a female rottie with her pup- my fault totally. It broke the skin, and yowsers, did it hurt.

Second time- my neighbor's golden. It lunges at me EVERY time I walk by the fence. I haven't ever done a thing to it, and it has been like this for 4 years. It scares me, and probably is the first time I have ever been fearful of a dog. Makes me wonder how I will protect Jonah from such a dog.

I was kinda biten once, but I don't really remember what breed. I was a kid at the time and I'm sure it was my fault. Dog started chasing me and I ran cause I was afraid I THINK it was a lab...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I've only been bitten one time. It was my boyfriend's 120 lb Akita (not Grizz). His name was Ito and Ito had Addison's disease. His disease was getting out of control despite medication and I sat next to him to console him one day. Ito was normally gentle, but he lunged at me. He put his paws on my shoulders and pushed me flat on the ground. As an instinct I turned my head and he bit the side of my face. I had teeth punctures all up and down the side of my face. My boyfriend came running and pulled him off of me. Ito's bite was only a warning bite despite all the blood and drama. If he would have bit down harder he would have taken of the entire side of my face. I knew he could have done a lot worse and I never got mad at Ito. I got a tetnis shot and the punctures healed. After the bite my boyfriend's family decided that Ito must be in a lot of pain to do that to me and they had to put him down. He was a good dog, he was just sick.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I've only been bitten by one dog.

A Shiba Inu.

Once was while playing, but left a little scar on my forehead, and the other was when we were out walking and some kids were coming along. He doesn't particularly like kids, so to avoid the whole, "can I pet your dog?", "He's so cute and fluffy" scenario, I picked him up. He proceeded to chomp down on my shoulder pretty hard.

I still love the breed, and the particular little dog who did bite me.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada