Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazines!

Magazines!

I LOVE magazines! Does anyone else buy them constantly like me? I have subscriptions, actually, which is a good thing, because I would buy them all off the rack anyway, so I guess I'm sort of saving money. I am so addicted.

I'm currently subscribed to:
    InStyle (my favorite)
    Cosmopolitan
    Marie Claire
    Vogue
    Self

And I'd love to buy subscriptions to - if my boyfriend would let me:
    Health
    Fitness
    Cooking Light
    US Weekly (this is an expensive one)

With all the magazines I get, plus three subscriptions he gets, our mailbox is always overflowing! I'm such a dork!

I am not subscribed to anything, but I always buy Nintendo Power, GameSpy, Electronic Gaming Monthly, all video game magazines

I subscribe to Dog Fancy.

I don't read many magazines, but I love the Blood-Horse magazines a lot!! I varies from there... Hey Lizzie Lou, it's good to have you back! I haven't seen you post for a while!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

i love to read.......and i love magazines.....they serve a good purpose for the "short" read or just to laze around and look through.......not about deep concentration........i mostly subscribe to home magazines (i.e. country living types.)...i also love martha stewart and real simple....real simple is probably my favorite of its type....and tho i love cooking light....i seem to get most of my recipes online anymore if i dont already have what i need

Thanks to PCB!

lol The only magazines I ever really read are the Dogs in Canada ones....

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I have a subscription to Dogs In Canada, only because it comes free with my CKC membership. I do enjoy it though.

I also buy Cosmo every month. I should just get a subscription, it would probably be cheaper...LOL

*Thanks Ashley*

I have only ever bought one magazine in my entire life. They are too expensive for me.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I subscribe to some magazines. A lot I share with my sisters, though:

American Girl (for my sister, but it comes in my name since my mom renewed a b day gift from years ago)

NG Kids (same as above)

Girls Life

Teen Vogue (Accidental but they're sending it for free!)

Young Rider (Probably my favorite!)

Thats all I can think of now!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

I LOVE Cat Fancy. It's the only magazine I read front to back! I also like People. But I'm too cheap to buy it so I get it from my SIL after she's finished reading it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I read magazines all the time. I read one for an hour every day while I'm on the eliptical trainer at the gym.

I subscribe currently to National Geographic and Good Housekeeping. I used to get Cosmopolitan, but I haven't gotten one for a while, so I guess I let my subscription run out.

I used to get Aquarium Fish, Volkswagen Trends and Dog Fancy. My son was selling magazines for a school fundraiser, so I bought those three. Wasn't too thrilled, though, so I won't be renewing any of them.

I also buy the cheesy ones sometimes at the grocery store, if I see one with something interesting on the cover while I'm waiting in line. I am the impulse-buyer they put magazines in the check-out lines for, that's for sure. Sometimes I will buy People or Women's World like this.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I can't remember the last magazine I bought. I used to read them all the time, but after a while, all the articles were the same, and nothing new was to be said.

I subscribe to Allure, Glamour, and Women's Fitness. David gets Sports Illustrated.

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    I read magazines all the time. I read one for an hour every day while I'm on the eliptical trainer at the gym.
    That's what I do too, except while I'm on the treadmill. Sometimes, if I spot a new one I just have to have while I'm on my lunch break, I will sneak it into work and read at my desk!!! Good thing my boss only comes in twice a week.

Buddy Blaze Lover - thanks for your words!! I have been super busy (new workout schedule, preparing to move, etc), but I should be able to post some pictures of Tito & Sophie maybe this week.

I love People, too. Probably the only magazine I don't like is Entertainment Weekly - who wants to read nothing but movie and book reviews? I don't see enough movies or read enough books to be interested in that one.

I buy the Dogs in Canada Annuals. I love all dog magazines, but usually don't buy any others. I did buy a DogWorld because it had an article about catahoulas. Sometimes I'll get the Dog USAs too. Every once in a while I will get Cosmo, Woman's World, or YM.
    I've been BOO'd!