Thread: Sleeping Beauties...

Sleeping Beauties...

The scene in my living room just a few minutes ago...

That's Bandit with his back to the camera--if he doesn't look at me, I can't see him and can't make him go back outside. Pingo is looking at the camera

Paxil on her bed by the woodstove.

And tucked away in the corner behind a chair, Franklin on a blankie.

I hate to disturb them, but Pingo and I are leaving in an hour to go to a skijoring race.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Yes, sleeping beauties indeed!!! You and Pingo have fun today!!

AWWWW!! Those are just sooooo cute photos Thanx for sharing

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

They look very Comfy!

Oh the definately are sleeping beauties. I don't blame you for not wanting to disturb them

Hope you had fun yesterday!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

What a sight Bet it was hard to head out with all of those sleeping beauties there to hug and cuddle with Hugs to the whole gang. And I hope Paxil is doing well

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by anna_66
    Hope you had fun yesterday!
    We had a great time. Pingo and I won our division--the seven mile, one dog skijoring race. We got some nice prizes. Pingo got a gift bag from the local pet supply store that contained a new squeakie toy, some biscuits, a couple greenies and matching leash and collar set. She's very busy today trying to kill the squeakie toy!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Originally posted by Glacier
    We had a great time. Pingo and I won our division--the seven mile, one dog skijoring race. We got some nice prizes. Pingo got a gift bag from the local pet supply store that contained a new squeakie toy, some biscuits, a couple greenies and matching leash and collar set. She's very busy today trying to kill the squeakie toy!
    Yay! Congratulations!

Do you have many more races this season? Do you ever compete with any of your other dogs, or just Pingo?

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    Yay! Congratulations!

Do you have many more races this season? Do you ever compete with any of your other dogs, or just Pingo?
    Thanks. I'm registered for two more skijoring races this month. One on the 19th and one on the 25th.

Yesterday was actually the first time I've ever raced with Pingo. I usually take Raven, but she hasn't been pulling well lately. She's just bored I think! I might take her to the next one after she's had some time off. I have a couple that I'd love to take, but I'm not sure they could handle the chaos of a race start. They skijor really well around home on our nice quiet trails, but I think the noise and people at a race would freak them out too much!

There is a three dog class at most skijoring races, but I think that many dogs requires a sled!
    --John Irving

Originally posted by Glacier

There is a three dog class at most skijoring races, but I think that many dogs requires a sled!
    Yeah I would think having one dog pull you would be risky enough, let alone three.....LOL

Good luck on your upcoming races.

How long does it generally take to do 7 miles?

Do the distances increase with the number of dogs you use?

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    How long does it generally take to do 7 miles?

Do the distances increase with the number of dogs you use?
    Takes between 35-50 minutes. Our time was around 42 minutes.

Depends on the race, usually the three dogs courses are bit longer. Yesterday the three dog teams went 10 miles, in about the same amount of time as the one dog teams did 7. The winning three dog team came in at right around 50 minutes.
    --John Irving