Thread: puppy shot question

puppy shot question

I just got bubba back from his third set of shots, my question is when do they get rabies shots? I should have asked but I was asking a bunch of other questions. He got his third parvo, he got giardia and last time he got kennel cough. Just wondering when they do rabies?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I believe around 6 months, but you'll want to double check that with your vet.

*Thanks Ashley*

It's been so long since I had a puppy that I can't remember. Maybe you should call your vet and see when they recommend doing it?

I have been taking him every 3 weeks for different shots...last night was his third and in 3 weeks I know he gets another ghiardia vaccine maybe distemper also.

I have been frosted!

5. From my past experience, he should have gotten it on his third set...hmm...maybe thats just with my vet, but I have always gotten it on the third set

I wonder why we only have two sets of shots in the uk

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

7. Originally posted by vinjashira
    I wonder why we only have two sets of shots in the uk
    How many shots do you get at each time...you coudl get all the shots done in 2, while ours are more spread apart and get 2 at a time!

they only give Nobivac DHPPi and Nobivac Lepto 2 which gives protection from canine distemper, infectious canine hepatitis, leptospirosis, and parainfluenza virus disease.

uk is rabies-free so the pupies do not get rabies shot.

I just looked around on the internet...looks like he may get it at 16 weeks which will be his next visit. Then another one in a year, then another in 3 years. I have a printout of his shot record, some future shots have dates but the rabies doesn't??

I have been frosted!

10. See, in the shots here, they have a seperate needle for every one Maybe thats why!

What do you mean rabies free

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    What do you mean rabies free
    in 1902 rabies was eliminated from the UK animal population, or in other words there are no animals with rabies in the uk since 1902 thus puppies do not require rabies shots.

12. Oh I see, but, what if an animal crosses paths with another animal that has rabies and they get into a fight and teh clean animal nwo has rabies and tracks into the UK, or it gets imported soemhow, LOL!

But I get what you mean!

lol rabies is not required over here. but we do have rabies around here to basicly if you dog bites someone and get reported if they have not be rabies vaxed they spend 10 days of quarintene at AC and if they are rabies vaxed then theyspend 10 days quarentene at your house lol anyway we only vaccinate our dogs for rabies if they have been known to bite. and our vet recomends against it and wont do it till the dog is at least a year old(Happy got hers younger with a different vet in the same clinic, Happy's body did not take it to well to say the least)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    Oh I see, but, what if an animal crosses paths with another animal that has rabies and they get into a fight and teh clean animal nwo has rabies and tracks into the UK, or it gets imported soemhow, LOL!

But I get what you mean!
    Because we want to keep uk rabies-free, all animals from outside the uk need to have all vaccinations before entering the uk and we have strict quarantine regulations.

15. Originally posted by vinjashira
    Because we want to keep uk rabies-free, all animals from outside the uk need to have all vaccinations before entering the uk and we have strict quarantine regulations.
    LOL! Ya I know! I was just kiddingDon't worry, LOL!