Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first appointment with counselor

My first appointment with counselor

I went in today for my first appointment to a couselor for my depression. It went pretty well I believe I actually talked to her more then I thought I would. I told her things that I haven't told some people about before. She was very nice and made me feel comfortable.

I go in next week for a appointment get my meds checked maybe get on another kind. I really do not think the paxil is helping me much. Then I have another counseling session on Valentine's Day.

Well just thought I'd let everyone know my first appointment went well.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Glad to hear it went well and you are comfortable talking to the doctor..

Glad it went well and I am glad you feel comfortable talking to her even for the first time when I talked to my counselor at school at first for the first part of the year I didn't feel comfortable talking to her because I was shy(I usually am when I first meet people) and I just warmed up to her good luck with the medications keep us updated*hugs*
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

4. That's excellent news! I'm glad to hear it all went well! I would have never known you were going through such a tough time But, on a brighter note, I'm glad that you'Re getting help for it! Thats a very responsible way to handle it

(((((HUGS)))))

Tina I am very pleased your session went so well, being comfortable with the counsellor will make all the difference, one has to relate well, or it simply won't work, great stuff, good on you for taking that first step, and I wish you well in the forthcoming appointments.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Seeking help isn't an easy thing to do. Congrats to you for taking the first step and good luck!

Glad to know you went to a counselor. Too many people who suffer from depression, don't even take that first step, and it is a shame...i am glad you went, and I hope you will see progress!!((((hugs))))

It's good to know that you got help for your depression and that you are comfortable talking to a doctor. It's also good to know that your first appointment went well and I hope all the other ones go just as good. Please keep us posted! {{{HUGS}}}

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Tina,
    It's good to hear that your session went well and you like your dr. I do hope that she can help you.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That's good news, Tina!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

So glad your first appointment went well, that you felt comfortable with your counselor, and most of all that you are feeling more hopeful .

A couple things I started making a conscious effort to do to help my overall mood and energy level up awhile back are to keep the area where I spend the most time in a pleasant warm lighting and drink plenty of fluids (this can make a surprising difference!). I was always bad about remembering to drink enough water during the day and that can really affect one's mood and energy level. Just trying to think of little things that help. Everytime something, no matter how small, improved my mood, I always felt I was moving forward and getting better
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

That's great to hear, Tina!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Glad to hear the good news . As I said before I'm here as acheerleader or shoulder if need be.

I'm so glad it went well. I hope you can start to feel better about yourself and your life. It's hard to get out of serious depression, I can't say I've ever been truly clinicly depressed, but I have felt like that temporarily. If what I felt like then is what you feel like all the time, it must be horrible.

Congrats for taking the first steps towards a whole new you!

Good for you! Been there myself (I loved my dad so much, his death was overwhelming). A third, unattached party really helps. I felt embarassed at first; a grown woman unable to cope with such sadness, but opening up and being honest and unafraid really really helped. Your emotions are probably normal, just overwhelming. I hope, Tina, that the sun begins to shine again for you. Chin Up!

I've been Boooo'd!