Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: hmmmmm.........what to do

*Anxiously awaiting the outcome* Good luck!

the saga drags on but it's good news!

I talked to the SPCA today, he has been de-wormed and had his first vaccinations but has not yet been neutered which means he can not be adopted. They will know tomorrow when his appointment is and they will let me know. I have to fill out all the paperwork tomorrow which makes him MINE!! It's just that I can't take him home until he's neutered. YAY!! Now I need to really start thinking about a name! Thanks again everyone! I will update as soon as I know anything. There is no danger of anyone scooping him up before me as until he is neutered, he is not in the "adoption cages". And, by the way, his "owners" never did show up.
    All name suggestions appreciated!! I am so far at a loss.
    Steve

Thanks Lexi_Lover

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." -- Muhammad Ali

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful resuce tale! I had such fun catching up with this nail biter of a thread! What a lucky pup and what a lucky guy! Have to give some thought to the name! Hmmm...

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I too have been biting my nails waiting for an uppy-date. Sounds like he'll soon be a member of your family. YAY! What about "Woody" as he was found so deep in the woods? And he's got lovely burled wood colors. Three dogs is a nice number IMO...we've always tended to have three at a time here, and all rescues of one sort or another. When the eldest (Greta) gets too old for the rambunctious younger one (Spencer), we'll probably think of adopting a younger one to keep Spencer out of Greta's hair...no pun intended! Can't wait to see pictures of the new pup interacting with Buddy & Tasha!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I have been "lurking" in this thread .......... and just want to say "thanks" on his behalf!!!

I am so glad his "owners" did not show up, but his saviour did!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Oh, Schteve, I can't believe you have gotten him! Remember when you said yes you wanted to know the advantages of having more than 2 dogs???? God must have known something we did not! When we first talked about you getting him, I looked at your dogs just to see if a name came to mind and I said Tasha, Buddy and Champ. Have no idea why. But he is a champ for coming through this experience and making in on his own out in the snow and cold.

There will no doubt be some tough spots as the 3 learn to live together and he learns to live inside since it didn't sound like he had. But I have no doubts he will make a great additon to your family. I am glad you have opened your heart and home to him!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Schteve is definitely the "champ" in this situation, but what a perfect name for the pup, too!!! I have just caught up on the whole thing, and I'm so excited for you and for the dog.

Keep us posted!!

Logan (mother of 4 dogs.......3 will be a breeze )

Great news!!

The name Destiny came to my mind...and Desi (pronounced Dezi) for short. Although, this may sound like a female name? But Desi Arnez, was male

Hmmm...what other names?

Lucky

Other cute names:

Stuart ( after Stuart Little...he was adopted into a family
    Brady
    Fred
    Tarzan ( was rescued into a family...out in the wilderness) ( could call him Zan for short)...

Let us know what you come up with
    Congrats!

WOO HOO!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for you Both!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

HMMMMM Now a Name!!!

We will Think!!

Congratulations!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I'm not sure...I like "Lucky"
    I already have a "Hobo"..Though it would be fitting for him!!

How about "Happy" ...as You BOTH will be!!

Though I see his Pic...and I see a "Nick"....Looks like he has alot of wisdom in those eyes!!

He is Just Beautiful!!! and I am SOOOOO glad that You have Found and Pursued Him!!!!!

Hugs and Treats!!
    The Deli Dog

Pup Date?????
    The Deli Dog

Great news!!! I'm so glad the pup is yours!!! What a happy ending!! (or begining?)

What a beautiful and joyous update. I can't tell you what a smile it has put on my face. I feel so incredibly happy for you and for the pup. I'd have a hard time coming up with names without meeting him but Trevor is cute. I also thought the other day Preston would be a neat name for a pup. Perhaps post pictures of him in Dog General and ask for ideas, people always come up with all kinds of names there
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Well, no rousing update, really I am only writing because I have to sit here and wait. It's 10:30 and I can't go in and fill out the paperwork untill 11! I phoned this morning and they have still not scheduled his neutering, in fact the answer was: "If I have time, I will schedule it today, sir". Now, I'm not one to bash the SPCA, in fact I'm a big fan (and "donator" - is that a word??) but I am waiting to adopt this dog!!! Help me out here! I am itching to take one more dog off your hands! I realize they are very busy but when someone wants to adopt one of your needy dogs, you could at least pretend to be happy about it. Oh well. Let y'all know in a couple of hours!
    Steve

Thanks Lexi_Lover

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." -- Muhammad Ali

Shelter staff are not always the most pleasant people to deal with and courtesy isn't something that is encouraged or required of employees anymore (not just in shelters either). Some of the staff at shelters could care less if an animal gets adopted, they are just there for the paycheck. The ones that do care can't stand to work there for very long because of all the mandatory killing.

(I think the word you were looking for is donar )

Stay on them though and don't give up.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.