Thread: Hello! New here on the board & have lots of "kids" (Goats) & kitties!

Hello! New here on the board & have lots of "kids" (Goats) & kitties!

Hello!

I have been coming to this site quite awhile but , I never had registered for the boards until now.

I live on a goat farm & we have about 100 as of right now & also around 20 cats.We use to have horses but , they got to be to much work with all the goats to & since the goats are my favorites I had to sale all the horses. I have all sorts of different goat breeds & I love them all except the La Mancha's are my favorite.

I would love to get to know you all esp. anyone who also has or raises goats

Hi Diva!! Welcome to Pet Talk. Since you've been silently with us for a while already, you already know what a wonderful group of people "live" here!! I love goats! I don't have any myself (the dogs are scared of them) But I have several friends who do. I especially love the pygmy goats. What a large farm you have with 100 babies! Do you make goat cheese or got milk products?? My favorite is a soap my friend makes from goats' milk! Please tell us more. And pics!!!!! I have 2 dogs, Cody and Star, 2 kitties and a guinea pig. You can see their picture below. Hope to hear lots more from you and your "kids!" Sandra

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Welcome Diva - no goats for me but I sure think they're cute. I'm a cat person, however I have a little chihuahua. You'll like it here, fun to learn about everyone's babies and especially to get advice - I've learned a lot since I've been around.

No goats here either...but welcome to Pet Talk!! I'm fairly new here myself compared to some of the others but I love it! Everyone is wonderful and kind to each other and their animals! Such a positive atmosphere!
    I would absolutely LOVE seeing pics of the the goats. And learning more about them! The extent of my experience with them is petting zoos and the State Fair. Share, share!!

Hi! Thanks for the welcome I will post some pictures soon!!

I have several breeds of the goats which are: Nubian , Pygmy , Boer mix (Only a few I don't like them to good there not as friendly with people) , La Mancha , Alpine , Toggenburg , TN Fainting , Oberhasli & Nigerian Dwarf. My favorites are the La Mancha's because they have almost no ear at all & there so funny looking lol.

No I don't make soap or cheese yet but , I might try it sometime. I buy goat milk soap & other prducts from Dionis they have a great line.

I've had goats for about 2 years now & you would not believe how complicated these animals are sometimes lol. I take all the horns off mine now though because I have had some bad expierances with them! There dangerous even if the goat isnt mean they can hit you by accident with them.

LOL tats I know what you mean! We use to have a dog & I gave it to my friend because it was scared to death of the goats & believe it or not even the cats lol. Some of the goats though are even afraid of the cats lol.

Yes Jennifer it does seem like such a positive atmosphere here! Theres so many boards I've went to before that were full of people fighting & at each others throats! That's just not for me!

I can't wait to learn about everyone's babies & I will post some pics of mine in the next day or so!

Welcome!! This is a great place, and I can't wait to see your goats. One of my fondest memories of my grandmother was her love for baby goats....she always said she wished she could have one. Of course, she couldn't stand any of our pets, but something made her love those little goats.
    Cats and goats sounds good to me!! I have two Golden Retrievers, two cats and two hamsters. I certainly hope we can all start sharing pictures again soon. The site looks sort of naked tonight with all the red X's where pictures used to be. Hopefully Webshots will be up and running soon.
    Logan

I had a Pygmy goat once, I got him for a pet when I was about 15-16. I raised him like a dog and he acted like one. It wasn't untill he was about 3 years old that he became um not nasty but not real friendly either. I was told he just needed the company of other goats, I didn't have the time for another goat so I found him a great home with a petting zoo. He is so happy now and he is ALOT more friendly.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~