Thread: Please Help :(

Threaded View

Please Help :(

I'm trying to figure out the deaths of my recent 2 kittens. I need your help..

They were delivered to our house at 7 weeks old. A black and a russian blue kitten. They were very healthy. 2 and a half months later the russian blue got lost out side. We didn't find it till 2 weeks later (humane society) Brought it home. It seemed emotionally detached. It went from energetic/playful, to self reserved. 3 weeks later.. the russian blue grew sick, dark dark urine, it's face became "really really puffy".. it wouldn't eat anything. A week later it just lay there, arms/legs given up. The night it died, it lay still, eyes open starring blankly ahead. Later on we found it dead. Left behind a huge puddle of clotted blood on the floor. (silent death/no complications)

Now thats not the end of the story. Here's where it's bizarre.. the black kitten was healthy before and after the russian blue came home. 4 days after the russian blue got "really really" sick/couldn't move, the black kitten became ill looking, wouldn't eat, dark dark urine. The night it died, it had epileptic episodes, mouth shut, arms and legs stiffened, arms extended as if swatting a fly, eyes dead. After it died we found a peach liquid substance that had extruded through its mouth (puddle on floor) When it was dying it screamed occassionaly.

The black kitten died a day before the russian blue. Recieved them at 7 weeks old and they died at 4 1/2 months old.

Why did they die? What do these symtoms mean? How could a perfectly healthy black kitten die?

Please help me. I feel so detached.

My deceased babies..

Last edited by Alexia18; 01-30-2005 at 12:50 AM.