Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Rescue Clean Scoop" Litter???

"Rescue Clean Scoop" Litter???

I was at walmart today and came across this white litter called "Rescue Clean Scoop" It is in a large plastic container but only weighs 2.75lbs?? It kinda feels like foam and doesnt really have a smell.. The container I bought was $8.00..

Has anyone used this before or heard anything about it or have any insight on this??

It seems too good to be true... it says it can last up to one month for one cat?! and it's SOOO light.... and there's no need to scoop pee clumps because it absorbs it..... on top of that it says that it eliminates odors... It doesnt say what's it is made from except that it is a "safe, inert, earth material that is envionmentally friendly and biodegradable"

here it is on petsmart in a 4lb jug: http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1106943061789

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

(btw, i've had it in the litter box for 2 hours now and both kitties have used it w/ no problems (yet))
    cats are forever.

WOW! If it does everything it says it does, then it is rescue litter! I'm sure the cats would rather step on this kind than clay. Let us know if it's the real deal, if it is, I want some!!! Keep us updated, please!

I'm still waiting for the picture of the box to come up in the link.

Lightweight, all-natural cat litter has a pleasant orange scent.
    If this is the stuff I THINK it is, I've seen it at PetSmart. The description above says it smells like orange. I thought cats HATED citrus smells. I know everytime I peel an orange, my cats scatter.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I can't smell the orange in it.. it just smells hmm.. "CLEAN"
    I pray that it works and that my kitties like it...
    cats are forever.

let us know how it works, how many cats do you have? I have 7 at home and 2 very large litter boxes/buckets. So it would be a gift from god if it works. Let us now

i just have two... Ellie and Macy.. macy is about 3 years old now and ellie is about 7 months old...

just one big litter box that they both share..
    cats are forever.

litter box? Mine are hugh Buckets. Like storage buckets. They work great, they are unable to make the hugh mess when digging ever so hard.

haha "litter bucket" i bought one of those covered litter boxes that the top snaps on and off.. it's nice and deep so they dont really get much litter outside the box...... I like it and it's easy to clean for me...
    cats are forever.

I would like to learn more about this as well.

Originally posted by ratchet22
    litter box? Mine are hugh Buckets. Like storage buckets. They work great, they are unable to make the hugh mess when digging ever so hard.
    My two use storage tubs too, they have one each.

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

This sounds interesting. Please keep us updated and let us know how it works. I'd also like to know if it makes hard clumps or not.

I got some Cystal Litter,is that stuff Cyrstal? There are a lot,of things,in the US Stores,that dont come,up here!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I was just at Walmart buying litter the other day and didn't see it? The one thing I'd worry about is having those little foamy pellets scattered hither and nither. At least the cluping litter stays close to the box.... Pouncer is a litter flinger. I can see him flinging this stuff all throughout the house!

And does it last one month with multiple cats or just one cat. If its $8 a month for one cat... I've currently got 6 cats... and ususally spend $10 a month on litter... with this stuff I'd be spending 4-5 times that amount.

Originally posted by catnapper
    I've currently got 6 cats... and ususally spend $10 a month on litter... with this stuff I'd be spending 4-5 times that amount.
    10.00 on litter? I have 9 and spend more than that. Where do I get in line?

***UPDATE***

WELL................

the litter works great on odors... but since it's so light is easier for them to fling out of the box they tracked a bit last night... and it seems to be sticking to Macy's long hair.....
    But as far as pee clumps - there isnt any - and the solid waste.. it dries it out so much that it's very easy to scoop out......

I'll post again in a week about this!
    cats are forever.

Can't Wait!!!

I've been very patient waiting for the results of the "wonder litter". I have to go to Petsmart tonight though, because The BooBoo is out of food and litter. Can you give us a preliminary update on the test run...

The BooBoo is an only cat, but he his longhaired (does it stick badly?). He's so big that he barely fits in the giant size enclosed litter pan, and he insists on only tinkling in one corner of the box. This leads to softball sized pee-biscuits every night.

The no-pee-biscuits litter would make me very, very happy.

.....waiting patiently....