Thread: The Navy

The Navy

I'm thinking of joining the Naval Reserves. I'm 38, and not in great shape, but not too overweight or anything.

This is kind of scary for me, but I feel it's about the only chance I have left to do something with my life. If I join, I have to go away to basic training for a few weeks to Indiana. (I'm in Texas) It'll mean leaving my kids and my pets.

What do you think? Would you go?

I wouldn't, but only because I know it's not my bag of tricks. If it's something you've always wanted to do though, go for it. If it's something that just popped into your head though, do LOTS of research on it because getting involved in the US military is no insignificant, uncomplicated thing.

weel my sister is in the navy in illionis wow i live in cali she is haveing a big and i mean big weather change...umm my sis was a lil over waight so she had to loose punds before basic training....she said that its really just a mental stage in basic trainging she wasa a how should i call it a bit^& before she joined but now she is a nice loveing and careing sis....it will change your life

i say its up to you......but if you have kids i am not sure...you will be away in the navy (min 2 years)....but if you do good in school (after bt) then you might i did say might be able to choose the closest base near your house

Originally posted by star of light
    weel my sister is in the navy in illionis wow i live in cali she is haveing a big and i mean big weather change...umm my sis was a lil over waight so she had to loose punds before basic training....she said that its really just a mental stage in basic trainging she wasa a how should i call it a bit^& before she joined but now she is a nice loveing and careing sis....it will change your life

i say its up to you......but if you have kids i am not sure...you will be away in the navy (min 2 years)....but if you do good in school (after bt) then you might i did say might be able to choose the closest base near your house
    She's talking about the Reserves, not going into active duty. In the Reserves, you serve one weekend a month and two weeks during the summer, unless you are deployed.

Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    She's talking about the Reserves, not going into active duty. In the Reserves, you serve one weekend a month and two weeks during the summer, unless you are deployed.
    opps
    lmao i am soo stupid some times

Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    Right. I'm too old to go into the regular Navy.

When I was 36 I tried joining the Navy and Air Force in order to get my nursing degree. I was told I was too old! I was insulted!!

Good luck with the reserves! Let us know how you make out.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you.

It's definitely a tough decision since you have a family.

Right after High School I wanted to join the Navy and they said I'd have to have the pin and screw in my foot removed first (had surgery when I was 14). I didn't have a strong pull to join and the thought of going under the knife again didn't appeal to me.

I'd say defintitely follow your heart.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June