Thread: Aggression????

Aggression????

Tonight I was eating my dinner and the kittys came in and asked for a piece of my dinner (nothing new) I threw a piece to Fifa and he put it in his mouth and before I could even throw a piece to Pixie She attacked him and made this loud growling noise. It wasn't playing either. I was so surprised I didn't know how to react. I shouted Pixie NO and put her in her cage I just reacted fast and didn't wan't her to think she got away with it. She has done this once before that I know about, but it wasn't over food it was over a scrunchie. Now I know Fifa does sneak up here and steal her kitten food is she reacting because of this?? Does she think hes taking over her food or something? After her "time out" I took her down and told her to give Fifa a kiss and say sorry lol... she did groom him so everything is back to normal now. What should I do??? and if it happens again how should I punish her or is it even possible to punish a cat. She is not an unhappy cat and I will delete this thread if I get any nasty comments I try my best to make my pets happy I have just never seen a cat act like this before maybe I am spoiling her too much and she knows it.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I have had cats my entire life, and sometimes they are just little, um, brats! There's no reason to it, they just freak out...especially over food. My cats act like they've never been fed in their life...I think it's just greediness!

I think some cats have more catitude than others! I wouldn't worry about it. I think they will figure it out for themselves. Unfortunately there will always be a dominant one! I think this part of their *wild* side! LOL
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Some Cats,have grown up,and have had,to fight,for thier dinner,but they alwatys calm down,when they know,that the dishes,will always be full.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I think you did the perfect thing. She needs to know this behavior is unacceptable. The good news is she doesn't do it often. And if anyone slams you for giving her a time out, then they have a problem. Cats do need to have limits set for them, just like kids - even though we know the minute our back is turned they are going to overstep their boundaries. They do learn acceptable and unacceptable behavior, and giving her a time out was the right way to do it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl