Thread: WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS? I am so stupid.

WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS? I am so stupid.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Look at this.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...775952805&rd=1

LOOK at the price. I want it so bad but I don't have any money. My birthday is coming up and I asked my mom if she could get it for me. But no. Of course not. Why must I ever even get my hopes up. I am so dumb for even thinking I may have a chance of getting it. Gah.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

hm.. have you tried getting a job? If you're under 16, you can still babysit, dishwash for local restaurants/cafes, help out nieghbors with yard work, or even dogsit/dogwalk around your nieghborhood! Your parents will be impressed if you make the money yourself. Try to get your parents to buy it for you now, and promise pay them back.. or just save up and buy it yourself. Just to let you know, there are tons of guitar/amp sets like that for the same price... you can get a Fender Squier and 10wt amp for $100 at just about any music store. That looks like kindof an off-brand, I wouldn't suggest it ...

Fender Squier's are awesome though! that was my first guitar, waay back in the day sounded pretty decent too. It even came with teach-yourself books.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I agree with bckrazy. I couldn't even find on the website who made the guitar... (Usually they give a company name, like Fender and stuff) I wouldn't trust that auction company...

I'd just go to a music store and look for good sales. I got my Crate Stratocaster beginner's package for only $100 from Guitar Center. It's been a good guitar for me, and I got it four years ago!

There's so much a young person can do to make some extra cash. If you live in a snowy area... grab a shovel and go door to door. That $100 can easily be made in an afternoon. My son made $20 just after school shoveling one yard yesterday.

Was this not showing the brand name?

"Full size professional "fender stratocaster" Style Guitar with Tremelo."

bckrazy: You can seriously get that? That I did not know. I was talking to two kids today who said that they got their guitar at our closest music store...one's was almost $400 he said and the others was a tiny bit less I think. I know that the first guy's was a Fender.

I could try to find a job I suppose...but we live in a very tiny little town so its rather diffucult. Unfortunately, snow shoveling won't work for me for a few reasons...

I want to get a good guitar for a good deal. But I don't know where or how I'm going to do that.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

OK, I don't know much about guitars but . . .

It says "Full size professional "fender stratocaster" Style Guitar with Tremelo."

See the word "style" in there?

That means it's a Fender Stratocaster knock off.

Sorry . . . just thought you should know . . . I know people that have learned the hard way with eBay. Gotten completely ripped off. You have to be 100 percent sure with this and I'm 100 percent sure this is a knock off.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I see that and understand now.

I'm not an experienced eBayer. How do these ones look?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...776657620&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...777352444&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...777287005&rd=1

I am very determined!

You have to pay close attention to their past . . . gotta look at their feedback.

Right off, I see that the second link has TOO MUCH negative feedback! Don't look at that one again!!! Bad bad ebayer!

Just pay CLOSE attention! Read and reRead EVERYTHING!

Good luck!

BTW, I know you're anxious but sometimes it's better to hold off.

I bought an MP3 player for a "deal" on a website and I don't really like it. I am going to have to pay an extra 20 bucks for new ear plugs & a carrying case . . . I could have bought a better MP3 at Walmart by paying the extra 20 bucks, which includes the good ear plugs and case . . . my lesson learned for the week!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

the first link, doesnt come with an amp.. thats a total ripoff! 100 bucks for just a Squier is crazy, I got an amp, cords, books, picks, and a gig bag for under 100.. and I see them every week at my local music store, the kits are sold for 100 at all stores - and you get to choose from 4 colors! Maybe check the offical fender website or search for fender vendors (^_^ rhymes!) in your area. the kid who paid $400 probably was more experience and bought a better quality guitar.. but beginners really only need a Squier. the third link is a bass guitar no good, unless you wanna play bass!

Like Christa said, of course you're anxious but its worth it to wait a little longer and get a good guitar that you're happy with! Ebay might not be the best place to order from... personally, if I can help it I want to go to the store, see the guitar, play the guitar, and be able to take it home with me undamaged. You might also be able to find really good used guitars for cheap at local music stores. Just check around

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I don't know much about guitars, but I was quite the entrepreneur when I was a kid. When I was around 9, we glued fake flowers and bows on straw hats and went into business. We set up a lemonade stand and sold the hats. We made all sorts of money. (Out of sympathy, of course. )

When I was 11 or 12, I put signs up all over town offering babysitting, housecleaning, dogwalking etc... I made pretty good money. I don't know how old you are, but I know you can find a way to make some money!

Thank you Wolfie!

My hubby has 3 guitars...2 Martins and an Ovation and 2 amps...showed him the link and he said Nope...not a good un'

Thanks for the advice everyone =) I hope I can manage to get a good one for a good deal, whenever that is. Hopefully I'll have time for a job in the springtime as well. ( I still owe alot from Christmas )