Thread: Does any have a Wolf Hybred

Does any have a Wolf Hybred

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has a Wolf Hybred?
    I have two wonderful ones, Niki & Pepper (niki's mom). Niki is black and white with 2 blue eyes, she's part husky, she is 9 years old, I have had her since the moment she was conceived, Pepper is 10 1/2 years old, multi colored, with one blue and one brown eye, I have known her since the day she was born, and she has lived with me since she was 3 months old.
    Toyna

i don't have any,but i think someone here does.

your dogs sound beautiful! do you have any pics of them?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Yes I do, they are older pictures, but I have my sister in laws digital camera, I will get some current pictures tonight and post them tomorrow
    Toyna

i dont but,the member "WRR" has a wolfdog,and i believe he owns a Wolfdog rescue. (or helps out,not really sure)
    your dogs sound beautiful!

no wolf hybrids here...but my boyfriend's dad does have a lab/coyote mix!

I do. Kayleigh is a six year old malamute-gsd-wolf mix. About a quarter wolf. I love her dearly, don't ever want another hybrid!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

My friend Doreen has a HUGE Husky/Wolf named Lundy... So gentle, beautiful girl... 8 years young =)
    Trixie's Togs
    .: for dogs who trot the wild side :.

Why would you never want another one? If I have my way, which I probably will, I will have many more. My husband says no way, because Pepper is all attitude and an escape artist.
    I just have to wait until I am a few critters less.
    Toyna

Originally posted by lildemon72
    Why would you never want another one? If I have my way, which I probably will, I will have many more. My husband says no way, because Pepper is all attitude and an escape artist.
    I just have to wait until I am a few critters less.
    Kayleigh is an extremely difficult dog to live with. She's highly dog aggressive. I have 20 other dogs that I have to constantly protect from Kayleigh, which leads to some isolation for her, that leads to more work for me to make sure she's getting the attention she needs. Her prey drive is out of control. Anything smaller than Kayleigh, who weighs 120 pounds, is prey. She's too aggressive to be a good sled dog. She's an escape artist and I have built a Fort Knox pen to contain her. I have spent a small fortune on vet bills both for Kayleigh and for dogs she has injured.

Wolf Hybrids are extremely challenging dogs to own and I think the vast majority of people shouldn't own them. That's why every sanctuary and rescue for them is filled to overflowing all the time. If the shelter I got Kayleigh from had known all of her issues, they likely would have euthanized her. (it's a no kill facility that only euthanizes the sick and the aggressive--on average 5 dogs a year)

I also don't see any need to breed more hybrids. Wolves are lovely, wonderful animals just the way they are, leave them alone. Part of what makes them amazing is their wildness. Part of what makes dogs amazing is their domestication. I see no point in mixing the two. Additionally, hybrids are illegal in many states and parts of Canada. There is movement where I live to make them illegal. Current ones would be grandfathered in under the proposed law, but no hybrids could be intentionally bred. Overall, I strongly oppose breed specific legislation, but I think this one has some merit.

I love Kayleigh with all my heart. She is a wonderful companion and a great friend to me. She's taught me a great deal about many things. I will do whatever I have to do in order to ensure she lives a long, healthy, happy life, but when the time comes and Kayleigh moves on to the next world, I will not be getting another hybrid.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Originally posted by Glacier

Wolf Hybrids are extremely challenging dogs to own and I think the vast majority of people shouldn't own them. That's why every sanctuary and rescue for them is filled to overflowing all the time. If the shelter I got Kayleigh from had known all of her issues, they likely would have euthanized her. (it's a no kill facility that only euthanizes the sick and the aggressive--on average 5 dogs a year)

I also don't see any need to breed more hybrids. Wolves are lovely, wonderful animals just the way they are, leave them alone. Part of what makes them amazing is their wildness. Part of what makes dogs amazing is their domestication. I see no point in mixing the two. Additionally, hybrids are illegal in many states and parts of Canada. There is movement where I live to make them illegal. Current ones would be grandfathered in under the proposed law, but no hybrids could be intentionally bred. Overall, I strongly oppose breed specific legislation, but I think this one has some merit.

I totally agree. Wolves are gorgeous, but leave them be.

Wolves and wolf hybrids are not pets. They can can be unpredictable.
    Winterbell Hamstery
    Breeding quality Syrian hamsters in Virginia
    http://wwwfreewebs.com/jynxedhamstery

where are those pics?!?!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I agree with Glacier.

Look, don't touch.