Thread: Hyper Active Kitten

Hyper Active Kitten

I have had Georgie, since he was about 2 - 3 months old, he is now about 8 - 9 months old. He is one of my rescues, I took him from one of my customers, they weren't feeding him.
    Anyway, he is like way way hyper. I have had him neutered, in hopes that this would calm him down. But that didn't work. I know from prior experience with kittens, I raised a litter of 5 from the time they were 4 - 6 days old until they were all 4 months old, that kittens are hyper and mischevious, but Georgie is very different.
    From the time his eyes open, until he literally falls over from exhaustion, he does mock 90. He is the only baby in the house, but there are 4 other cats in the house with him. All of them are indoor cats, by their choice. They choose not to go outside, so I don't make them.
    Is it possible that he has, kitten attention deficiet order? I am at my wits end, and my husband wants to get rid of him. But I have gotten seriously attache to him, and can't do it.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Toyna

That's the kitten equivalent of the terrible twos. I have had several that age as fosters, and they were all little terrors!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

have you tried playing as much as possible with him, get him very tired? If this doesn't help, I would talk to your vet! Good luck, okay!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I play with Georgie as soon as I get home at night until we go to bed. And during the day, he has the others to play with. Not to mention the pile of paper he has to play with. At work, we have the continous feed paper, and we save the parts that you tear off the edges, that is his favorite toy. So when I go home at night, usually there is paper strung from one end of the house to the other.
    And he has every toy imaginable to play with. He attacks the other cats, (playing). He has plenty to do, he just has way too much energy. I have even tried to keep him awake, and that just makes him even more hyper. God forbid, he should get in trouble, when he does, he takes his frustration out on the others, or who ever else is handy.
    I don't know what his life was like before I took him. I do know that when I got him he weighed a little over a pound and was nothing but skin and bones. I just wonder if his lack of food has caused some kind of brain damage, or if he was abused by someone.
    Toyna

Maybe George needs a playmate his own age.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Now that is a good idea. Would you ask my husband for me? If I do, he just may kill me.
    Toyna

Thor did that too. He's now 1 1/2 yrs, and has calmed down a lot. He has his moments, but he's usually a calm boy! Don't worry, he'll grow out of it!