Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer has gone seriuos. More help please? Greatly appreciated.

Computer has gone seriuos. More help please? Greatly appreciated.

Ok, tonight this computer went haywire again. I am so lucky to even be HERE. I could not get up internet explorer for the longest time until thankfully, my friend sent me hers on msn and I was able to reinstall it (Which I might add, was hard).

Anyway, I have made a decision. I am going to save everything on here that needs to be saved and burn it. Then I am going to redo this whole entire computer. My brother knows how to do this but he doesn't live here anymore, so I suppose its up to me.

How would I redo this entire computer? Does anyone know? I want to delete everything and start it up again with the default. I am afraid its the only thing that will fix this pile of junk we call a computer.

So....anyone know? I suppose you are tired of these threads, but it is SO FRUSTRATING. Ugh how I hate computers!! Anyway...if you could help me somehow I would be really really thankful!

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Before you do that have you removed all viruses and spyware?

A good virus scan and removal can be found here.

I also use both Spybot and Adaware for spyware. The new Adaware updates your definitions every few days and works much better than it used to.

You may also want to defrag.

I downloaded Ad-Aware a week or two ago and it wasn't really working. It scanned but wouldn't delete, I'm not sure what was wrong with it.

I also tried to defragment this computer but it said the drives were locked or something

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

You need to go back to that other thread and use those links I provided, then do some scans. Besides, some things can't be deleted, they need to be uninstalled. I can't even begin to know how to help you other than that.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Yes, thats what I was going to do next. But I just wanted to know for in the near future how I would go about redoing this. Incase I am incapable of getting on here again.

I was trying to uninstall some things tonight. Alot it seems I've already deleted (not knowing, big mistake) and they are still on here but I am unsure of how to uninstall them now (it won't let me, sais it can't be found or whatever)

I may think about doing system restore. I really don't know what to do.

I think the only advice I have is...

if you don't know what you're doing...

DON'T DO IT!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
    I think the only advice I have is...

if you don't know what you're doing...

DON'T DO IT!
    Excellent advice!!!!

I'm not sure how, but it's not hard. However, if you don't know maybe you should take it in somewhere for them to do it??

What OS are you using?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Do you still have the original CD that came with your Computer?

If so, I tell you this "ONLY" as a last resort, if you really feel you need to start over.

Put the CD in and do a full system restore. It's not hard the CD will tell you what to do. But know that this will take you back to square one with your computer.

If for some reason you do, do this, re-set up you INTERNET and first things, go to those links and download the AD-Ware and Virus control. Run them and, then you can start back re-loading your computer with what ever you feel you need back. Just make sure it's a safe site.

Lol. Well that's why I'm asking for help

I've also been trying to get ahold of my brother, to no avail.

We have Windows ME here in the basement. We have Windows XP upstairs...but that one isn't the screwed one.

Edit:

Just saw your reply. What would this disc look like that came with the computer? I'll have to look...

Also, I really don't think there is anything to lose. I have almost all of my pictures burned (the important ones) and I really don't know how I will ever get rid of all the junk on here and clean it. But I will heed your advice and be careful with what I'm doing...its just so frustrating!

I'm not sure how to do it... if only my brother would slow down and tell me step-by-step everytime he does one of ours!!

If I see/talk to him within the next few days i'll ask if he can log on and help you.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I've also emailed my computer expert brother with this thread. He stays busy but maybe he will have some advice for you.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Honestly, I've heard a lot of bad things about ME as an OS....but I don't know a lot about it.. good luck wiht it!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Thanks everyone

Audrey, I've heard lots of bad things too. But it was really good until all the junk came

Originally posted by MariaM
    Lol.
    Just saw your reply. What would this disc look like that came with the computer? I'll have to look...
    Thats a hard one to answer, sense I don't have ME. But on mine it says System recovery. There 7 CD with my system. I don't know if you bought yours new or used. If you bought it new, you should still have them, if you didn't toss them away.

We have had to do this system once and my husbands twice sense we have owned them. Sometime, somehow things got delited that shouldn't have and the system wouldn't work right. We made a mistake and let someone, who said they knew what they where doing mess with the computer and the dummy deleted the wrong program. Then my husband screwed up and we had to do it again. The only way to get them back, was to do a System Recovery.

A lot of times thats just what a computer store will do, one of the first things they ask you is, do you have the disk's.