Thread: Darn Vacuum

Darn Vacuum

Vacuuming the house one day and I was doing every room, so as I was going in and out of each one, Toby and Lily would creep into the next one to get away from me. Eventually they had nowhere to hide so they both ran in the laundry room and camped out until I finished. They ended up staying there for like 10 minutes after I shut down the vacuum ... and they looked so cute, too ..

You'd think they'd eventually understand that the vacuum is no big deal, but I guess not .. I was in our bedroom one day and the door was shut so Toby couldn't escape. I had the vacuum in my hand and he panicked cause he had nowhere to hide, so instead he starts hissing at the vacuum. Silly boy...

my cat Thor hisses at the vacuum any time anyone touches it. even just to move it back to the closet (i get lazy and sometimes just leave it in the corner of whaterver room I am in ) oh my gosh, he hates it SO much! it doesn't bother Mason though!

I know its so funny how they do that ... as soon as they see, or even hear me reach for the dreaded vacuum, they both drag their bellies along the floor and dash to the nearest bed to hide under ... lol

GREAT pictures of Toby and Lily! It's been awhile since we have seen them. They are as beautiful and as handsome as ever!!

I know what you mean about the vacuum. Hubby and I warn each other when we are pulling out the vacuum. Once the brats realize what you are about to do the safest thing any human can do is not move! Twelve terrified kitties doing approximately 100 mph shoot by you on their way to hide! Moving could result in serious harm to the human!!

Oh Toby and Lily, I've missed your beautiful faces!!

And you're so right, vacuums are awful things, my girls hate them, too; especially Luna!

Kirsten

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Adorable babies. I was thinking about starting a similar thread to see what sounds your cats are afraid of. Halo and Cammie run away but Pepper runs TOWARDS the vacuum sounds and "supervises" you. But, for some reason Pepper is afraid of the garage door while the other two run towards it and try to escape. Kitties! We'll never understand them!
    Last edited by kuhio98; 01-15-2005 at 10:46 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Our vacuum is named: Red Devil

It is Snowy's nemesis.

Mr. Jones is not scared, he thinks he can kick it's 'red behind'.

LOL! they sure are not happy campers! Love those royal sceptres extended.... only one way to get their forgiveness iis to kiss their paws!

Originally posted by catnapper
    LOL! they sure are not happy campers! Love those royal sceptres extended.... only one way to get their forgiveness iis to kiss their paws!
    LOL at the royal sceptres comment ... that cracked me up ...

I have said it before and will say it again
    YOU TAKE THE BEST PICS!!!

simply stunning!!

Both of my kitties RUN from the vacuum also!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I will never forget the time,afte I vacuuned,and Rb Mr Scrappy,went over,and soundly battered,the Vacuum Cleaner,into submission,with lefts,and rights a TKO,for Mr Scrappy Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Toby and Lily are back- and yes Lily, you are the grown-up snow leopard now! How can you be afraid of the vacuum?

But big Tigris hates it too. When the cleaner is downstairs with the evil vacuum monster, he goes upstairs to help daddy with the paperwork